Road Glide banner

Foremost

9K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  DOOFUS 
#1 ·
I have had state farm on most of my bikes over the last 10 years. We are buying a house, so it was a good time to shop around. I found that Foremost insurance is half the cost of State Farm,.. yes,.. half! If they ask me to do a commercial I would do it, because they saved me $674 a year on my Harley insurance alone (not to mention $400 and change for my wifes bike). Needless to say, I changed insurance companies today to Foremost. It is actually through the Farmers insurance agent incase that may help you find an agent.

#5 ·
I have to check them out also although I got a pretty good deal from Riders. Save a buck on insurance spend a buck on the bike....

G
#6 ·
I have Riders also and I presently pay less than $600.00 for 2 bikes. I got a quote from Foremost and I would save about $65.00 a year if I dropped my insurance coverage down in the winter while I wasn't riding. However, sometimes we are fortunate to get to ride in some winter months so I didn't think it was worth doing the switch.

Riders will not insure anyone with Doner Bikes so that is one reason they also keep their rates down.

#7 ·
thanks CHAINSAW!! Foremost was def the cheapest for me! i pick up my new RG tomorrow! GEICO quoted me $1080 and Foremost was half that with BETTER coverage! i owe ya a beer. Just waiting for the weather to break, we got a foot of fresh snow yesterday:mad:

#11 ·
Glad to hear I could save you some money man! Ill take you up on that beer when we cross paths :D

I am all about saving a buck but sometimes you have to watch out for these cheap insurance companies. Wreck a bike and they want to use cheap aftermarket parts to fix your HD. Im not saying that is how this company is as I am not familiar with this company. But my buddy hit a deer on his 3 month old brand new Street Glide and Progressive wanted him to take it to a private auto body place instead of the HD store and REPAIR his cracked outter and inner farring that was black ice/blue ice instead of replace them. He argued and finally got them to replace the farring. He switched shortly there after to Dairyland.
Funny you mention that. There is a guy in town that wrecked his screaming eagle electra glide standard (2005 or 2006 I think) and the insurance was replacing parts that were not even damaged. AND... they gave him his old parts back. I had foremost put an extra $10,000 of coverage on my bike for accessories so Im hoping to be covered. Ive never had an insurance claim in my life, and hope to not start now.

#9 ·
I am all about saving a buck but sometimes you have to watch out for these cheap insurance companies. Wreck a bike and they want to use cheap aftermarket parts to fix your HD. Im not saying that is how this company is as I am not familiar with this company. But my buddy hit a deer on his 3 month old brand new Street Glide and Progressive wanted him to take it to a private auto body place instead of the HD store and REPAIR his cracked outter and inner farring that was black ice/blue ice instead of replace them. He argued and finally got them to replace the farring. He switched shortly there after to Dairyland.

#10 ·
Progressive is notorious for farming paint repair out to a company called Colorworks. They do half ass work and we HATE having to send our customers paint repair there. We got a tank back from them that was in a box that was too small and packed with paper towels. It had a huge dent in it and we had to send it back to them for repair.

State Farm had the dealer repair my fiance's car with junk yard parts. I promptly moved her onto my USAA policy.

#13 ·
Chainsaw,
based on your post I requested a quote from Foremost & one through
H-D insurance which is thru Progressive. For the same coverages, Foremost came out to about $1300 for the year and progressive came to $654 anual. Just goes to show shopping is the key to saving money.

#15 ·
Thats strange how different companies, can be so different for other people. Progressive and Geico were both on par with State Farm as I shopped around every now and then, which is double what Im paying for Foremost.

#14 · (Edited)
Gieco saved me a lot of money...

Not saying it to start a political war but Progressives owner is a big
time left wing liberal, and he has been giving millions to the left and the
ACLU to fund their actions, so if you don't favor those positions you might want to reconsider your carrier..

Peter Lewis Chairman Progressive

#17 · (Edited)
I have had Farmer's Insurance group for about 6 years now and they just bought Foremost and Farmer's use to have the cheapest rates that I could ever find and Foremost was 125.00 cheaper yet. Farmer's just took care of me about a month ago with a pay out for my 2009 Dodge Ram that was totaled when I was the first to slow down another truck pulling a flat bed trailer with a car on top. The truck crossed 3 east bound lanes and then over the median and I happen to be the first to slow that B@$tard down. Thank god for seat belts and air bags. Until Farmer's\Foremost treat me wrong if ever I will always be one of their clients.

#19 ·
Had my belly full of Allstate insurance!! They screwed my family out of my father's life insurance benefit when he passed away last fall. I will NEVER do business with them again and never miss an opportunity to blast them for what the have done to my mother.

#20 ·
+1 On Foremost

I have to agree on Foremost. I had them on my last bike. Went down - left turn in front of me, you know the deal - bike was totalled. No fuss, no fight. The only issue was that I was under-covered for aftermarket access and work. My own fault. There is a built in 3500 allowance (if you can show the work). Anything beyond that adds to your premium. I just got coverage on an '11 custom. The bike is headed for some work and I should have her by May 1st. 10k worth of extra coverage added 70.00 to my coverage. Worth it IMO.

#21 ·
I have to agree on Foremost. I had them on my last bike. Went down - left turn in front of me, you know the deal - bike was totalled. No fuss, no fight. The only issue was that I was under-covered for aftermarket access and work. My own fault. There is a built in 3500 allowance (if you can show the work). Anything beyond that adds to your premium. I just got coverage on an '11 custom. The bike is headed for some work and I should have her by May 1st. 10k worth of extra coverage added 70.00 to my coverage. Worth it IMO.
With State farm when I asked for extra coverage, I had to show them every reciept and they took a ton of pictures of the bike. With Foremost, so far they haven't asked for anything. I may call my agent up again and just double check that she doesn't need all my reciepts for proof incase something ever were to happen.

#22 ·
They did not ask for anything from me up front. After the accident they wanted to verify parts/work done. Not a huge deal. It was frustrating though with certain items i.e. Hawg wired speaks, sony radio, etc. 900.00 spent. Stock HD radio-speakers valued at 500.00. Paid the difference between the two after depreciation. They did the same thing with aftermarket exhaust and other items that replaced oem parts. BUT, they were fair and fast, not to mention good rates.

#23 ·
had my glide with progressive and then bought my ducati. Called my agent to get a quote and it would have been about 1700 a year for both !!! she told me she would get a quote from foremost. well, i now have BOTH of my bikes insured for about 50 bucks less per year than just my glide alone with progressive ! great savings.

#24 ·
I was with Geico, just for bike coverage for one year, then went to Foremost, and saved a bunch (25%) from Geico's rates. The I got smart, and asked for a quote for everything, cars, bike, homeowners, liability, etc, and when it was all in one place (currently American Family) the rates got WAY cheaper.

I also like the idea of one point of contact (local agent), and the additional leverage it provides me when I go to shop around for rates each year.

#26 ·
Oh Yeh + with Foremost

I had posted about Foremost last year, just some facts to keep in mind when you get your insurance. When I was hit by a deer Foremost covered the cost of my bike plus all my riding gear, helmet, boots, gloves, eye wear, etc.
Now something to keep in mind, Most insurances do not cover uninsured/ Under insured, The cost to add this is not as much as you think. also the insurance Co. only pays out $1000.00 in medical, do yourself a favor add $50,000 you are looking at another 75.00 a year good investment (I had two personal insurances and my bike insurance) the helicopter ride in it's self was $26,000, 3 days in ICU another $60,000, Dr's another 10,000. With insurance companies pulling the stuff they are it's worth thinking ahead. another $150 a year is well worth the cost if ya ever need it. Guys trust me, you don't want to get hit with these numbers they can break most of us. :eek:

#28 ·
I just swithced to Foremost today, they were the only company that did not exclude the wife on passanger coverage, 4 others siad Ms was 1 of 9 states they did not include relatives under the passanger coverage, They will cover your girfriend but not your wife...
Got a great rate and better coverage than I had for less money...
Thanks Chain for the tip..

#29 ·
USAA unceremoniuously stopped insuring bikes as u know - IF - u had a break in ownership. So they moved me to progressive which they insisted WOULD BE CHEAPER -- HAH !!! I saved $340 by going to FOREMOST thru AARP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.