Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed RF's in the inner fairing. The bolt that holds the plastic fork cover on the right side hits the speaker grill when I turn from far left to straight. Anybody else have this happen after installing RF T165's in the inner fairing?

I am going to start tinkering around trying to move the fairing to the right or find slimmer speaker grills or something. Just figured I would see if anybody else had run across it and what worked for you?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I had the same problem with the speaker grills on the Hertz speakers. I changed the bolts to button head bolts. I did t have the issue with the cover.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
I adjusted my fairing out a little by moving the fairing/enginge guard supports over very slightly.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I used the 'Prime' series R/F grills.
They are very thin.
Plus I mounted the 'Whole' speaker inside the fairing.
I'm going over tonite where the bike is and I'll get some pics for ya.
All these other comments will work tho.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I used the 'Prime' series R/F grills.
They are very thin.
Plus I mounted the 'Whole' speaker inside the fairing.
I'm going over tonite where the bike is and I'll get some pics for ya.
All these other comments will work tho.
+4 I squeezed the entire speaker in the fairing. Moved the supports out a little. Switched to chrome Allen button heads and shaved down the supplied speaker grill with a utility knife. Looks and fit great. I shaved off that entire 1/4" edge

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to try the smaller headed bolt and moving the fairing out a little with the support bracket. I would move speaker inside fairing, but I cut the whole too far back, and speaker is tight fit already, giggidy. If those don't work, the grills will be shaved or replaced. Wish I could find a wire mesh grill like that guy on here makes for the factor location speakers. That would be cool.

Added note, a 5" whole saw makes the perfect diameter hole for the RF's. Inner fairing comes off easy...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If you have stock lower fairing support just loosen up the 2 hex head bolts a little that are around the engine guard/ crash bar you can get a lot of clearance by just pulling them out a bit and retightening.

Edit :eek:k i see you already said you would try that. probably wont need the bolts if you move the support first. yours is a lot closer than mine was though. Best of Luck

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4 nuts is all. Have to pull 2 for amp bracket anyway. Label wiring connections as you pull them apart. Hole saw and done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts