Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, wondering what weight oil you are running on your RGU? HD-is not much help, they have a screaming eagle weight...haha Joke. Was wondering about a good BelRay or Other Synth oil weight. Ride 2 up most of the time. Was thinking 20 weight. Thoughts? BTW 13 RGU with 34K miles.

·
Registered
854 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
actually, they have 2 screamin eagle weights. there is screamin eagle heavy, and screamin eagle race.

I am running the heavy. I like it. some folks think it is too heavy and mix it 50/50 with stock.

do not get the race. if you do, it'll feel like concrete. pretty much for track use only.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
actually, they have 2 screamin eagle weights. there is screamin eagle heavy, and screamin eagle race.

I am running the heavy. I like it. some folks think it is too heavy and mix it 50/50 with stock.

do not get the race. if you do, it'll feel like concrete. pretty much for track use only.

+1 that's what I'm running, 50/50 mix

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Stock is supposedly
SE 10
This is what I put in rear shocks,

Happy loaded
Fronts, over 10 too much on FLT
I Agee with Reds :surprise: Anything over 10, is was too stiff for a touring bike.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I run straight Heavy weight oil.... world of difference over what they come with

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys, I will try the Shock Therapy Suspension Fluid #10 Medium...Second questions is How tough is the Job. Do you need the 1 3/8 open end wrench to get the caps off?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I run SE heavy... greatly reduce the dive for me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Thanks Spazz- is the SE heavy 10 weight? how about the comfort did it make rougher
I can't remember the weight... the bottle says HEAVY on it

I would not say rougher... but stiffer, yes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I put in Race Tech Gold emulators with progressive springs and stock fork oil and it's a world of difference. Way better than increasing the oil weight.
Thanks RG cruiser Just trying to make it through this summer with the heavier oil that will help with the dive- just drives me crazy. Then Im thinking mono tubes or something like you have done.
What is the budget for them springs and emulators.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts