Road Glide banner

What would look better with the Yaffe contrast cut Afterburner slider?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the Yaffe contrast cut afterburner fork cans. Right now i have the chrome fork lowers and cant decide if i want to keep the chrome from HD go with all black or get the contrast cut from Arlen Ness.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I'd have to see a pic of your bike, what front wheel do you have? The wheels you have and the scheme of the bike make a difference, IMO.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'd have to see a pic of your bike, what front wheel do you have? The wheels you have and the scheme of the bike make a difference, IMO.
Agreed, all the parts need to work together
GK

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hope to have some pics up soon!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I swapped my HD black for the HD contrast.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the Yaffe contrast cut afterburner fork cans. Right now i have the chrome fork lowers and cant decide if i want to keep the chrome from HD go with all black or get the contrast cut from Arlen Ness.
Go with the contrast cut, I have the contrast cut and it looks nice.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Go with the contrast cut, I have the contrast cut and it looks nice.
Which sliders are you using? Did you lower the front at all?

Reason I am asking because I was slightly disappointed in the final outcome. Dont get me wrong it look great overall.

But - Because I used the Progressive Stock height monotubes and decided to leave out the 2 spacers it dropped the front ~1". This caused the sliders, well to slide down the legs some and cover some of the contrast cut portion on the legs (if that makes sense). I did not really think that this woudl have been an issue otherwise I would have been looking for a shorter slider or one with a solid bottom to it opposed to the scalloped one the afterburners have.

I am picking the bike up on Saturday so I will have some pics u pin a few days.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
i See HD black fork cans on your bike now, not Ness Contrast Cut.
If you are thinking about swapping out the upper fork cans with the contrast Ness ones, black lower legs would look great with either and just stock legs powder coated black or from Willy Shiny would be the less expensive way to go.
I like the black lower legs on Harleys, as the old bikes used to come that way.
but, once you start blacking it out, its hard to not start blacking out other parts.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I went with the overwelming vote for Contrast Cut Arlen Ness Hot Legs.

So here they are installed with stock height monotubes minus the 2 spacers per side, effectivly droppin gthe front about an inch.

So since I had the dealer do them, how in the $#%% do you take the front wheel off?

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts