Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find the answer thru the search engine so.....

I know I have to have the steering head adjusted to get the wobble out of my 2012..... Is there not to be a fork stop to prevent the forks from touching the crash guards?
I just noticed I now have a nice Ding Dent in my Right can due to it hitting the crash bar when I'm turning the bike arond in the garage....

I paid for a Chrome Fronmt end to be installed at purchase..... shouldn't they have to replace it??? My opinion is yes...... my stealer doesn't currently agree.......

·
Registered
144 Posts
If your front end us contacting your crashbars then somthing is bent or broken.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
If your front end us contacting your crashbars then somthing is bent or broken.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Agreed. Something is really wrong with your bike if that is happening.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome....... guess no ride this weekend........:mad:'

Pain in the arse buying process--Lying - sucky dealer & now a 6 month old bike that's got a serious deffect - issue........Patience running Really Thin!!!

Thanks for the replies...........

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Maybe whoever did your front end swap didn't reinstall the rubber bumpers which serve as fork stops? They slide over the fork tube and sit above/on the lower tree. Either that possibly the fork swung during the swap and hit the guard. May want to go back and bitch if it's recent.

EDIT... OK, scratch the rubbers comment, didn't realize 09+ doesn't appear to have them anymore.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe whoever did your front end swap didn't reinstall the rubber bumpers which serve as fork stops? They slide over the fork tube and sit above/on the lower tree. Either that possibly the fork swung during the swap and hit the guard. May want to go back and bitch if it's recent.

EDIT... OK, scratch the rubbers comment, didn't realize 09+ doesn't appear to have them anymore.

Not recent...had the Chrome F/E put on before I took posession in April. No issues until I saw it the other day....... nothing bent. Do have the 40mph F/E wobble that my steeler has yet to adjust, so I'm thinking it's just needing to be adjusted properly. Going to see another dealer Saturday to see if they will handle the issues........I just think that since Harley claimes a 2 year Warrantee on parts bought & Installled. Since I paid $500.00 for the Chrome F/E & it's been damaged due to a warrantee issue, I think they should replace the damaged fork can.......

·
Registered
593 Posts
2011 RGC no rubber bumpers on mine.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yeah I realized after I posted that rubbers are older frame thing... I'll know more when I have my 2012 tonight lol Until then I know my 2005 like the back of my hand.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you have the front end wobble, you definitely have a warranty issue. Don't take their crap, get it taken care of. It should never happen but the MoCo is legally responsible if you get in trouble because of it and I bet they would back you in dealing with your Stealer on that issue.
That item is the thing that recalls are made of. When people have frequent safety issues with a vehicle, the Guvmint (NHTSA) gets involved and forces a recall, but it takes reporting it by those being affected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts