Road Glide banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Fork Holder

I did some research and found that there were several dirt bikes that had the same size tubes on them so I ordered an old scrap tree from one and cut it in half, and now I have 2 custom tube holders for doing maintenance or repair. Clamp it in the vise and put the tube in it and tighten the bolts a little. Came in handy when doing the Legends Axeo upgrade on my 2015 RGS.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I did some research and found that there were several dirt bikes that had the same size tubes on them so I ordered an old scrap tree from one and cut it in half, and now I have 2 custom tube holders for doing maintenance or repair. Clamp it in the vise and put the tube in it and tighten the bolts a little. Came in handy when doing the Legends Axeo upgrade on my 2015 RGS.

Interesting. Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I do a lot of fork work, and the only time I ever use the vice is when I need to drill out the damper bolts.

Generally I just sit on a stool and work with them between my legs.

This is the only special tool I use beyond the seal/bushing drivers.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Custom fork tube holder

What I did was buy an old used front fork clamp from a Suzuki. The ones that hold our fork tubes should be 1996 thru 2000 Suzuki RM 125 and RM250. There may be others that work but I know without a doubt this does. And it makes 2 fork tube holders. You can find the clamps on Ebay really cheap all the time. Good luck!

Nick King

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts