Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ridden a softail ('88) and DWG ('96) for alot of miles, both lowerd, max. the softail, even had 2" shorter (stock) FLH or T front tubes and do like the positioning of my ass that the forward brake and shifer gives me.

can we remove floorboards and install forward brake/shifter on the RGU?
kit? sock heritage/roadking parts maybe?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Forward controls are nice if you have long legs. I have them on my 2010 RGX along with highway pegs. I prefer to have different foot and leg positions while on long rides. I can usually ride a full tank without stopping.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
When I had them on other bikes, I longed for floor boards. Now that I have floorboards, it would be nice to stretch out a bit. Highway pegs require too long of a reach for me. Another option could be wider/longer floorboards.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks for the ideas and link. it's kinda funny, understanding a person with longer legs might want/require them but i have 27.5" insem, not long NTEXRG but yes, liking the multiple leg/foot positions for long rides. I'll give the crashguard a try but like (have grown accustomed to) the brake/shifting positions better on FCs, all a part of sitting in the bike, not on it, feeling. I'll go look at JPCs version.. anyone know if any of the harley parts are adaptable from other stock FC bikes?

EDIT: OH SIT! $1K!.... harley has to have stock parts that fit.

another thing is eliminating dragging floorboards from the lowered (27.5" inseam) front and rear suspensions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
JPC are expensive. My Night Train has 3" extensions on the forward controls and I couldn't get comfortable with the floor boards. I found the Jay Brake FL forward controls online for less than $600 when I bought them. They are adjustable which is nice. http://www.jbrake.com/forwardcontrols_jfl.html

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JPC are expensive. My Night Train has 3" extensions on the forward controls and I couldn't get comfortable with the floor boards. I found the Jay Brake FL forward controls online for less than $600 when I bought them. They are adjustable which is nice. http://www.jbrake.com/forwardcontrols_jfl.html
thank you brother.. and they have them for 13 FLTRU:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts