Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got out for my first ride on the new 2016 Road Glide. It was great however, I had difficulty using the forward shifter peg. My feet apparently do not turn in enough to effectively use the forward shifter peg. I had to use my heel for the front and back shifter pegs. Plus I am not use to floorboards and double shifters yet. Nevertheless, can I purchase an off set forward shifter arm or longer shifter pegs? I could not find anything looking online.
Thank you for any info.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Give it time once you get used to them you wont want anything else.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
They do make longer shifter pegs. You'll probably get used to the stock set up, though.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I finally got out for my first ride on the new 2016 Road Glide. It was great however, I had difficulty using the forward shifter peg. My feet apparently do not turn in enough to effectively use the forward shifter peg. I had to use my heel for the front and back shifter pegs. Plus I am not use to floorboards and double shifters yet. Nevertheless, can I purchase an off set forward shifter arm or longer shifter pegs? I could not find anything looking online.
Thank you for any info.
Extended length shift pegs are out there (Google Search )... make sure your adjusted to your liking... some like them high up, I don't. I have mine low and shift heal-toe and will NEVER go back.

If you adjust them low ( like I did ) may sure the heal shifter ( when completely down and depressed ) is about 1/8" off the floorboard.. that way you can NEVER miss a shift.

Also... some insight for you... reaching NEUTRAL with the heal shifter is 100% easier if you haven't tried it yet....

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I have both levers adjusted low also. You barely have to move your foot to shift.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I also adjust them low. I think you will get used to it after awhile. Took me a little while coming from a Dyna. But love them now. If you don't get used to them or still wanna, check out longer front peg on eBay or something.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I removed the rear shifter, pulled the front shifter off, pulled the shaft out and put it in the opposite way, put the rubber bushing on the shaft, then the toe shifter adjusted so my riding boot fits barely under it, then put the shifter lever on the back, pushed against the front shifter lever at the shaft and tightened the shift lever in the back. By doing this the rubber busing keeps the shifter from being loose and shaking and rattling. Works like a charm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts