Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running or had any info on the Rockford Fosgate R600-4D Prime Series? Its got decent ratings, but I want some prior user feedback before pulling the trigger. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Dont know of anyone, but looks like a good price. Most of the guys that run Rockford, run the PBR Series. I dont know anything about them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running two pbr series and looking for more power. The price is good but you get what you pay for in most cases. Just looking for some feedback

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what speakers do you have?

not all speakers give the same volume
Im currently running 4 Polk Dxi 650 and adding two Alpine 6x9s and a set of 300 watt horns might add another set of Alpine 6x9s...a set of 2 ways and a set of 3 ways

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I just bought a JL Audio XD 400/4 for $295 shipped. Last one, so they say. Got it yesterday. Alot smaller than I imagined.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pacmanrr,

I'm in your same boat. I've been looking at the Alpine PDX-V9 and the JL XD600/6. A couple of my buddies are running these. One has the PDX and the other has the JL. They are very efficient. I'm really worried about getting anything outside of a class D design due to the draw on the bike's charging system. That's the main reason I'm looking at those amps instead of others. I've also heard that the NVX JAD900.5 (haven't heard or seen in a system) is on par with these amps and cost $300.

Bobby

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pacmanrr,

I'm in your same boat. I've been looking at the Alpine PDX-V9 and the JL XD600/6. A couple of my buddies are running these. One has the PDX and the other has the JL. They are very efficient. I'm really worried about getting anything outside of a class D design due to the draw on the bike's charging system. That's the main reason I'm looking at those amps instead of others. I've also heard that the NVX JAD900.5 (haven't heard or seen in a system) is on par with these amps and cost $300.

Bobby
I've never heard of the NVX. Im going to change out the polk speakers to either infinitys or jbls and go with a better amp..Jl/alpine. This set up is for the mean time until the dollars come in line with my wants.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm also interested in this... The Prime R-400 Amp is only 2" bigger than the JL xd400x4 which I've seen installed on here and It's almost half the price. I wonder how well this would fit in the fairing...

I'm going to be running 4 Polk 2ohm speakers and was thinking about 2 RF pbr300x2 but I'm worried about the power draw... I'm thinking a 4 channel amp may work better as these are more efficient....

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
you have to have speakers capable of drawing too much power to have an amp provide too much power draw, 2 RF's fit the space well, and honestly it's a very tight fit with those 2 small amps, yes draw is high, but I consider it headroom

my system started to faulter at levels exceeding the legal limit of a jet engine and only when the bass is pegged, which is not the proper way to run a signal in the first place, it just happens to be fun.

to me 2 RF amps are very clean throughout their range, no ferrite cores needed

with the HAT's since the woofers are so good, I've been able to lay into it with the bass and ride the bass hard, maybe too much an EQ or user issue not an amp lacking

I do feel it always ends up being about the speakers

$600 worth of speakers through $300 worth of amps

if all the parts are matched well with 8ga cable, efficiency is there even with 2 RF PBR300x2 - and speakers that won't waste the power

I can read consumer reports too, and yes, wanted to force a car amp into a space that wouldn't accept it, so far, I've seen some radio box trimming and it works, overall, not sure it saves any money or provides better sound.

·
Registered
516 Posts
you have to have speakers capable of drawing too much power to have an amp provide too much power draw, 2 RF's fit the space well, and honestly it's a very tight fit with those 2 small amps, yes draw is high, but I consider it headroom

my system started to faulter at levels exceeding the legal limit of a jet engine and only when the bass is pegged, which is not the proper way to run a signal in the first place, it just happens to be fun.

to me 2 RF amps are very clean throughout their range, no ferrite cores needed

with the HAT's since the woofers are so good, I've been able to lay into it with the bass and ride the bass hard, maybe too much an EQ or user issue not an amp lacking

I do feel it always ends up being about the speakers

$600 worth of speakers through $300 worth of amps

if all the parts are matched well with 8ga cable, efficiency is there even with 2 RF PBR300x2 - and speakers that won't waste the power

I can read consumer reports too, and yes, wanted to force a car amp into a space that wouldn't accept it, so far, I've seen some radio box trimming and it works, overall, not sure it saves any money or provides better sound.
In your opinion.... If u were to do it again, would U stay with the RF pbr's or would U look at a JL audio amp?

I just listened to a set of Focal's... I may go that route instead of the Polk MM series speakers...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
In your opinion.... If u were to do it again, would U stay with the RF pbr's or would U look at a JL audio amp?

I just listened to a set of Focal's... I may go that route instead of the Polk MM series speakers...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
JL amp is just not an option in my mind, under the fairing, I don't like hacking stuff up to make it fit if there is something just as capable available that actually fits

I'd look at a RS amp from hawg wired if I could swing it, or two, and still would use the PBR300x2 again if my budget dictated

the big improvements I began to see were with the basic stuff like head unit and speakers

with raw watts, 250w max speakers in 6.5's, and 300w max on ovals, then as closely matched numbers between what the speaker uses and the amp makes with large enough wire, eliminates bottlenecks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts