Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you saw my issues with the c&c solo seat, but I figured that thread had run its course. I ended up with a lepera outcast with backrest. The seat is designed as a rider seat with a minimal passenger pillion. I was about to order a new one but found one used on hdforum for $300 less. I was more than willing to give it a try considering the amount of seats most people go through to find the right one. If I hate it, I can pass on the good deal a forum member and only be out shipping costs.

So far, after a 50 minute trip, I like it. It is the standard model, not daddy long legs. It fits me just right. I had read it should be real close to stock position, but I feel like it's lower at least an inch and back an inch as well from my '13 rgc seat. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Looks great. Glad you got a good deal. I love my LePera, one of the best upgrades.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! So far so good, the real test will be the 3000 mile shark week trip. I am hoping to get a few 2-300 mile trips in before that.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks guys! So far so good, the real test will be the 3000 mile shark week trip. I am hoping to get a few 2-300 mile trips in before that.

Hey there. Still looking at seats. Any updated impressions on your Outcast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey there. Still looking at seats. Any updated impressions on your Outcast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have done a couple of 200 mile rides and I still like it. I don't think it's going to be a 5-600 mile seat without pain though. I have a feeling all of the cool looking lower profile seats are like this. I am contemplating an airhawk or polymer butt buffer to help on my trip to shark week. Leaning towards the butt buffer since it doesn't add a lot of seat height, I have short legs, so every bit counts.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have done a couple of 200 mile rides and I still like it. I don't think it's going to be a 5-600 mile seat without pain though. I have a feeling all of the cool looking lower profile seats are like this. I am contemplating an airhawk or polymer butt buffer to help on my trip to shark week. Leaning towards the butt buffer since it doesn't add a lot of seat height, I have short legs, so every bit counts.
I have both an Airhawk and a Butt Buffer; bought the Butt Buffer first. After I got the Airhawk, I never used the Butt Buffer again. The Airhawk does raise me up a little, but not any more than the Butt Buffer does. I'll guess that if you get the Airhawk adjusted correctly, you'll be lower than the Butt Buffer. At first I had way to much air in it and had to keep letting air out. It works best with almost no air in it. You want to be held just above your seat. With the valve closed, you should be able to completely compress one spot while that displaced air inflates a different spot.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
When did I miss the update on the changes to your sled? Great package you've got there. Particularly fond of your rear end. Shit!!! That all came out wrong, didn't it?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have both an Airhawk and a Butt Buffer; bought the Butt Buffer first. After I got the Airhawk, I never used the Butt Buffer again. The Airhawk does raise me up a little, but not any more than the Butt Buffer does. I'll guess that if you get the Airhawk adjusted correctly, you'll be lower than the Butt Buffer. At first I had way to much air in it and had to keep letting air out. It works best with almost no air in it. You want to be held just above your seat. With the valve closed, you should be able to completely compress one spot while that displaced air inflates a different spot.
Thanks for the info! I have been eyeing the airhawk a bit more, I think that's what I will try for my trip to SW.

I was out for 200 miles again today, the seat was not that great. Looking forward to an airhawk.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Unfortunately, you're right for the most part. All the cool looking seats suck for long distance. That is until you start to modify them. That can get super spendy real quick though. I can do the 600 mile days on solo but I was costly. Took my crotch rocket seat over to Rich's Seats also and I can ride that all day now too. At least until my knees start to complain. If you really like the shape of the seat as it is you could have it carved out and a gel pad laid in. It does look great on your scooter.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Thanks for the info! I have been eyeing the airhawk a bit more, I think that's what I will try for my trip to SW.

I was out for 200 miles again today, the seat was not that great. Looking forward to an airhawk.
Hey James, I've got an AirHawk that I used once. I'd be happy to let you try it out if you like. I'll text you about it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts