Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the looks of these, and the price. They are comparable to WO502B's, but not quite as much pull back.

Width/Rise/Center/Pull Back
34" / 13" / 10.5" / 7"

What do y'all think?

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
They look good BigDave. I think they have an additional inch pull back than the Yaffees which I thought was going to be a problem with mine, but they turned out fine. Those are some nice lookin bars.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldn't help myself and pulled the trigger on these bars....AND a 14" smoke WindVest shield. Now I can get a wire extension kit and some longer throttle and clutch cables, I'll be in business.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Sure ya need longer cables

BigDave, you might want to check in with Chainsaw about needing new cables. I am not sure what the limit is on rise, but you may be under it. Worth asking a question. Cables ain't cheap in my experience.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about it Chain? Do you think I can use stock cables with these bars?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
If ya dont have TBW Dave, I'm not a 100% sure if the'll work or not? Chainsaw will be around, he'll no for sure. I got ta run, I'll send ya info tonite. PM me w/your email address.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine's on '04, Neano. I'll listen out for Chain and see what he says about it. Catch ya later and have a good day.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Make sure you ask them if they are dimpled, the chrome ones they are selling are not dimpled.
They don't mention being dimpled in the auction description, but they do say pre drilled for internal wiring. By the looks of the picture, they appear to be dimpled.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't think they have the extra slack in cables on the pre 2010... I hope I'm wrong becuase that will make it much easier.

Make sure to post some pictures when you get done! Also with you sitting on the bike so we have some perspective. Those are going to look killer!

-

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think they have the extra slack in cables on the pre 2010... I hope I'm wrong becuase that will make it much easier.

Make sure to post some pictures when you get done! Also with you sitting on the bike so we have some perspective. Those are going to look killer!

-
Man, I sure hope so, too. It'll be after the 4th of July before I get started as I am also going to put powder coated lower legs and slider covers on, too, as well as paint the inner fairing.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
How about it Chain? Do you think I can use stock cables with these bars?
I doubt it. Harley used to not give you much slack, a way to force you to buy cables from them. We put a set of 14"s on an 07 and it needed longer cables, I think even a set of 12's would of required new cables. If your not worried about looks, you could possibly get away with rerouting them outside of your gauge bezel thingie. You could gain as much as 4" from just doing that. Its one of those things,.. damned if you do, damned if you don't when its comes to cables. I know it gets really expensive buying new cables and most time you don't know if you need them until you've already torn into your bike.

One trick I've done in the past, and has worked pretty well is this. Oh, and this is a 2 person job. I leave everything on my bars (clutch grips, throttle everything), but undo them at the bar clamps and undo any wiring so its all loose. Still connected, but loose from the bars and not in those plastic clip things. Then raise the bars up as high as you can go pulling the cables tight. Straight up,.. you holding onto the grips, your buddy measuring. Measure from where your bottom of your bars are at, and back down to the bar clamp. Then you just take what your current bars rise is,.. add the max (what you just measured), then subtract 4". Thats the maximum rise you can have with your current cable setup. The reason you subtract 4, is that will give you plenty of slack when the bars are fully turned either direction.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I figured as much. It's going to be a total front end tear down anyway, so I'll have the time to measure the cable length accurately. Thanks for the response.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts