Road Glide banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One thing I really hate is the cheap looking and feeling grips that the Moco insists on putting on their bikes. As previously mentioned I recently picked up an Ultra Limited. Being in the Mid-west love that I can look forward to using the heated grips once the weather gets chilly, hate the butt ugly stock grips. What to do, drop another $250 to $300 on something that should come on a 30k motorcycle from the factory? Probably later, but for now I was looking for a more wallet friendly alternative. Picked up a pair of leather grip covers from Fox Creek https://www.foxcreekleather.com/products/1226-leather-throttle-grips and couldn't be more pleased. Keep in mind I'm a bigger guy with first round draft pick quarterback sized hands, so you guys with smaller hands may want to find a different alternative. But I gotta say, for $15 bucks it's a nice improvement. Installation is a breeze as they just slide right on over the existing grip. The feel of the buffalo hide is downright luxurious on the bare hand and works well with a gloved hand as well. You will need to tighten down the laces a couple times as the leather stretches but as of yet I have not experienced any slipping. The grips take a bit longer to heat up due to the added thickness of the leather, but I detected no loss of heat as opposed to oem. If your looking for a cost effective alternative to replacing your stock heated grips, this is a very viable solution.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts