Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2019 RGS
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been wanting a wallet and it’s been years since I had a nice Trucker Wallet. Yes. The truckers started this trend. They were bigger for paperwork and chained so as not to lose or forget them. Morphed into a biker thing.

Almost bought the White Knuckler brand but upon further inspection. It’s a basic as can be. Money. One, maybe a few cards in one slot. But I still want a WK knife. They look badass as an EDC. I think it’s a $13 difference in price. But a big difference in versatility.

Musical instrument accessory Rectangle Font Electric blue Fashion accessory

Office supplies Gadget Font Cable Rectangle

· Registered
2019 RGS
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always check out Fox Creek's goods when they email me - seems like good quality leather work. My sons bought me a trucker wallet years ago and if it wasn't a gift from them, I wouldn't use it (I barely use it now - only on loing road trips) because it is an awkward size where it doesn't fit money in without folding, so it gets bulky if you try. I usually keep cash in my pocket anyways.
Yep. I‘ll keep what little cash I have in my front pocket. I’ll be grabbing a money clip now and my CC and insurance card and shit like that will be in the wallet. I have been using front pocket wallets for years. I just had a hankering for the old days I guess.

· Registered
2019 RGS
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one now , not as nice as the Fox Creek , I was a trucker and I hated wallets ( still do ) , first thing I did when I got in the truck is put the wallet in my bag or in the dash storage compartment ..

I use this magnetic money clip now 99% of the time . Doesn't have all my stuff in it , but what I need for the day . Scooter trips , still take the wallet and the money clip ..

JtB

View attachment 454771
I may do that too. Like I said. This may just be a trip down memory lane. Lol. Like my Bandito Shirt with the black and white sleeves.

· Registered
2019 RGS
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its’ nice but I’m a minimalist when it comes to a wallet. I use a card wallet by Popov Leather. I don’t think they make this one anymore but it’s similar to the 5-card wallet they have but without the extra pocket inside. Holds everything I need. They have nice stuff. I’ve had this wallet for several years or more. I buy their Apple Watch bands for every watch I get.

View attachment 454772 View attachment 454773
Yep. That’s similar to what I’ve been using for years. Mid life crisis maybe. Lol.

· Registered
2019 RGS
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I could never relate to the trucker wallet. No bias....they just didn't appeal to my unerring sense of style, lol. Like many others here I went front pocket about 20 years ago. About 4 years ago I went higher tech with the Ridge wallet in carbon fiber. I truly love it.

Fox Creek is unbeatable in my mind. My wife and I spent many hours there one day and ultimately owned full leathers (chaps, jackets and vests) from FC. They're some of the nicest people I've ever met and worked with. And they don't mess around when they build something. The leather is thick and beautiful.

I hope you love the new wallet John.
I do, Thanks. I think for me it's nostalgia. I grew up in the early 70s riding on my Dads Panhead. And he was a Trucker/Musician. He did not fit the stereo type. No tattoos, no chain wallet. Just a hard working man that had to quit school in 7th grade that could fix and figure out anything. Cat hat during the day, Cowboy hat at night playing in the bars to make ends meet. But I was the Rebel. lol. Long hair, tattooed, Harley shirts and chain wallet at 15 years old. I think this is part of a crisis, but it's a cheap one. lol. I truly belive that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts