Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a leaning towards Ohlins in the forum, but I got my order in for a pair Fox IPF-R "13 rear shocks. I will post some photos and a review as I get everything set up. If you grew up riding dirt like I did, you would be excited about Fox having a touring shock as well.

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
Had a set of those on a 2013 Roadglide and was impressed with the ride quality. If Ohlins provides a better ride I would be surprised because there is nothing I felt the 13" Fox didn't deliver on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a set of those on a 2013 Roadglide and was impressed with the ride quality. If Ohlins provides a better ride I would be surprised because there is nothing I felt the 13" Fox didn't deliver on.
Both are premier companies in my mind. I like the fact they are a local California company as well.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
540 Posts
Matt Laidlaw did a youtube review on Fox vs. Legend.... seems he felt the Legends were better at soaking up the little road variations, but the Fox were better at actually handling the larger dips and potholes etc. Always nice to be reminded there's a Fox option!! I've love to see a comparison of Fox vs. Ohlin!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt Laidlaw did a youtube review on Fox vs. Legend.... seems he felt the Legends were better at soaking up the little road variations, but the Fox were better at actually handling the larger dips and potholes etc. Always nice to be reminded there's a Fox option!! I've love to see a comparison of Fox vs. Ohlin!
I will try to facilitate that. My dyna's Ohlins doesn't count so I will get a buddy with another RG to compare with.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are excellent shocks. I highly recommend them. Everyone loves Ohlins because they dominate a part of the market. Fox has been household name for a long time in the shock world as well. I have adjustable rebound which is really nice for dialing them in for how I intend to ride. Adjustment is supper simple. The price is right in line and not overpriced for the name. Look at offroad bikes, dirtbikes, cars, and trucks you will find Fox. I have photos somewhere I will put them up shortly, but installation is a breeze.

·
Registered
14 Posts
They are excellent shocks. I highly recommend them. Everyone loves Ohlins because they dominate a part of the market. Fox has been household name for a long time in the shock world as well. I have adjustable rebound which is really nice for dialing them in for how I intend to ride. Adjustment is supper simple. The price is right in line and not overpriced for the name. Look at offroad bikes, dirtbikes, cars, and trucks you will find Fox. I have photos somewhere I will put them up shortly, but installation is a breeze.

Thanks. How did it change the ride? Is it smoother? Sportier in the twistys?

Thanks,
Chad

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. How did it change the ride? Is it smoother? Sportier in the twistys?

Thanks,

Chad
The change is remarkable. I can loosen them up for road bump absorption on the highway, then tighten then down for improved handling in the hills. Stepping up in suspension is a must do move, and fox makes a top flight setup. I'm not a fanboy as they call folks these days. I am not necessarily a brand loyalist, I am definitely a quality loyalist. In the price range it is extremely competitive with shocks a much more expensive.

Reactions: ALMOONEY

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi...anyone out there running Fox Shocks WITHOUT the rebound adjust (897-27-002)..
Road motocross and Fox was big back then.. i have a CVO so will be going with the 13 inch over
the stock crappy 12 air shock.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I’d like to know the same thing. I’m interested in the Fox shocks but don’t feel I need the extra adjustability. I just want a smoother ride on my Ultra.

·
Registered
293 Posts
This will be my next upgrade also. Like to hear more reviews and part numbers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts