Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed and have experience the new Fox Shocks rear shocks for the touring bikes?

My progressive 444 are too stiff for mostly single up riding, and don't have any rebound settings.

Thanks

·
Registered
692 Posts
Had the same problem with my 444s - standard weight springs. Bounced me outta the seat sometimes. Wasn't even what I expected from $450 dollars worth of shocks. I contacted Frank at progressive and explained I was a lightweight, solo rider and was pretty much getting beat up with his shocks.
There is a lighter weight spring that can be put on the 444s. I had to pay for shipping to Progressive but they swapped the spring for no charge and shipped 'em back in a couple weeks. At least now I have some room to adjust the pre load and they ride better. Not like an $800 shock , but better than it was.
Call 'em and ask for Frank.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Softening the rid

Hi gang, we're newer on here but thought we'd chime in... No doubt Fox's shock will be a nice unit. If you're looking for a softer ride and adjustment that works when you turn the knob, take a look at what some folks are saying about our shocks.
Reviews | JRi Shocks

We're getting a great reception from the Harley crowd and are excited to be in the game. Definitely on the higher end of the price spectrum but time and time again we hear riders comment that its worth the money.

Funny story...our company founder actually started his career at Fox back in the 70's before founding Penske Racing Shocks. Pretty cool story and Jeff Ryan is an awesome guy.

Feel free to hit us up with questions or visit our vendors section.
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.