Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone thinking of this I would like to save you the hassle I just had. I LOVE the FP3 tuners and I use them on my own bikes so please do not take this as I am bashing their product or company. I ordered a 66007 to install on a friend's '09 CVO RG and after a week+ of fiddling with this thing I became fed up and called the V&H help line. The module would recognize the bike, but it would not send any info to V&H or allow the option to program any maps into the ECM. I will always try to exhaust all options and get my facts in order before I attempt to waste somebody else's time. After all the hassling over the phone, that's what I call it but they were very helpful and nice, it was determined that the FP3's do not work on CVO bikes or specifically this one due to not being able to communicate with the Firmware. I wanted to let anyone know in case they were thinking of going this route. Thankfully, the seller has been understanding of this and was happy that I informed him of the CVO compatibility.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
For anyone thinking of this I would like to save you the hassle I just had. I LOVE the FP3 tuners and I use them on my own bikes so please do not take this as I am bashing their product or company. I ordered a 66007 to install on a friend's '09 CVO RG and after a week+ of fiddling with this thing I became fed up and called the V&H help line. The module would recognize the bike, but it would not send any info to V&H or allow the option to program any maps into the ECM. I will always try to exhaust all options and get my facts in order before I attempt to waste somebody else's time. After all the hassling over the phone, that's what I call it but they were very helpful and nice, it was determined that the FP3's do not work on CVO bikes or specifically this one due to not being able to communicate with the Firmware. I wanted to let anyone know in case they were thinking of going this route. Thankfully, the seller has been understanding of this and was happy that I informed him of the CVO compatibility.
Good info amigo and it looks like the "GerrDog" CVO still resides in your Garage huh?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good info amigo and it looks like the "GerrDog" CVO still resides in your Garage huh?
I've had him back on the road for about a week and a half now taking time here and there to get this tuner installed. He had a SE tuner that went missing on him so I thought this would be a good avenue for him to proceed down. Wrong I was. I'm going to see about a Power Vision next for him. I think he needs a '17 instead.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
I've had him back on the road for about a week and a half now taking time here and there to get this tuner installed. He had a SE tuner that went missing on him so I thought this would be a good avenue for him to proceed down. Wrong I was. I'm going to see about a Power Vision next for him. I think he needs a '17 instead.
My neighbor John will buy that FP# in a heart beat

How did his Bars turn out?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My neighbor John will buy that FP# in a heart beat

How did his Bars turn out?
The bars are all he talks about, couldn't be happier. This model FP3 is for the 07-13 touring models. John has a '14 right?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bars are all he talks about, couldn't be happier. This model FP3 is for the 07-13 touring models. John has a '14 right?
SUM-MA-MA-BITCH...........yes, a 14
I'll sell it to him anyways. J/K Waiting on the RMA and return shipping label from the company I got it from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts