Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the scooter is down , I am putting new cam bearings , cams and shoes , along with lifters .. The FP3 gives you the ability to add cams , but recommends that J1850 4 pin send the map to V&H then contact them , so they can add it .. No biggie either way , so today I sent them my map and contacted them on the computer , gal updated the map and sent it back , I asked if she did anything different than what I could do and apparently the answer is no , she said she added the cams and nothing more ...

JtB

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
So the scooter is down , I am putting new cam bearings , cams and shoes , along with lifters .. The FP3 gives you the ability to add cams , but recommends that J1850 4 pin send the map to V&H then contact them , so they can add it .. No biggie either way , so today I sent them my map and contacted them on the computer , gal updated the map and sent it back , I asked if she did anything different than what I could do and apparently the answer is no , she said she added the cams and nothing more ...

JtB
Were you expecting a happy ending ? :)

·
Super Moderator
10,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's in the manual , saying that they recommend contacting them for adding cams to J1850 4 pin , but if all they do is add it and nothing more , why have them do it when you can do it ...

JtB

·
Registered
779 Posts
So, what cams did you add that wasn't in their list? With my cam addition, I swapped cams but wanted a richer tune; emailed them my set-up and they sent me back a wicked tune. Thirsty girl now, but I'm Irish and can relate.

·
Super Moderator
10,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SE255 , it's in there , thats the point , if all they are doing is adding the cam and it's something you can do , why would they want to do it ..

JtB

·
Registered
779 Posts
SE255 , it's in there , thats the point , if all they are doing is adding the cam and it's something you can do , why would they want to do it ..

JtB
Did you upload your current tune? I would wait until you ride it, then upload your tune and let them know what you want out of it - less pops, more juice, etc. You can also mess with their tune afterwards.

·
Super Moderator
10,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They didnt change the tune , they just added the cam , which was already in the library .. I just think it's odd that they would want to add the cam , when it's already in the library and they aren't changing the tune .. May get them to richen it up a tad tho' , first gots to get it back together , on vacation this week and other things happening as well ..

JtB

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I'll ride mine a bit more and decide what I want them to change. Would like to cool it down more, that I know.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Took two days of back and forth for them to get me a tune that would work for me. The first two, when ever I cracked the throttle open it would stumble over itself. eased it back home and called them back. Finally put a tune in this morning after work and it ran better. Gonna try to auto tune it tomorrow at their suggestion.
Almost to the point of just saying F, it and get a PV from Fuel Moto with the WB O2. Want to cool it down too.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Just now reading this thread. Jack, I'm wondering if they just wanted your tune on file in case you called in and needed it tweaked. Every bike runs different even with the same parts. They may have a file in "the library" with your name on it for that purpose.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Took two days of back and forth for them to get me a tune that would work for me. The first two, when ever I cracked the throttle open it would stumble over itself. eased it back home and called them back. Finally put a tune in this morning after work and it ran better. Gonna try to auto tune it tomorrow at their suggestion.
Almost to the point of just saying F, it and get a PV from Fuel Moto with the WB O2. Want to cool it down too.
You'll love the pv. FM nailed it for me with their installed map.

·
Super Moderator
10,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just now reading this thread. Jack, I'm wondering if they just wanted your tune on file in case you called in and needed it tweaked. Every bike runs different even with the same parts. They may have a file in "the library" with your name on it for that purpose.
I'm thinking that they HAVE to change the fuel tables with a cam change .. Simple because the engines fuel needs are different all across the chart .. I don't know enuff about the ins and outs of EFI to say , but unedumakated guess ...

JtB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts