Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you FP3 users, I'm interested to hear what throttle progressivity setting you are using or have used. I haven't messed with mine just yet, but am curious to hear everyone's thoughts. Does it wake the bike up?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Administrator
10,619 Posts
I use the aggressive , I believe it is one below race , it and the one below it , you can really tell a difference

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I've tried them all. The racing mode was fun, but burned a lot of gas. The Standard + is where I'm at now and that is a good combo.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I'm at Standard Plus. That alone makes it a new bike and made the FP3 worth every penny.
I've tried all the settings. Race and Aggressive both made the throttle too sensitive and twitchy for my taste on a touring bike. Standard Plus is where I landed and have been happy with that for a couple years now. Huge improvement over the standard or OEM throttle response without being overly sensitive to abrupt inputs on the throttle grip.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'm at Standard Plus. That alone makes it a new bike and made the FP3 worth every penny.
I've tried all the settings. Race and Aggressive both made the throttle too sensitive and twitchy for my taste on a touring bike. Standard Plus is where I landed and have been happy with that for a couple years now. Huge improvement over the standard or OEM throttle response without being overly sensitive to abrupt inputs on the throttle grip.
Abrupt inputs on the throttle grip.lol. That seriously made me laugh. See you next weekend buddy...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Funny story about the Race setting. I was at the V&H booth in Daytona a few years back, and was talking to one of the techs about all the FP3 settings. I told him i was going to try the Race setting on the throttle.
He told me to hold off on trying it until the new udpate came out. When I asked why, he said some of the firmware versions on the early ones had an issue with the Race setting.
Basically, if you had it set to Race, and cranked to WOT, the plastic gear in the throttle body could strip out from opening so fast. He told me not to ask how they found this out. :smile:
The issue has been long fixed, and I don't know anybody it happened to, but needless to say I waited a while before trying it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responses. I rode to work today on stock setting, parked it and reflashed with the Standard Plus. Now I'm looking forward to the lunch hour!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have tried a couple of settings but find that the standard + works best for me. Makes enough of a difference for everyday but still nice for group rides. Enjoy your lunch...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lunch ride was great and the change to the throttle was very noticeable. Should have done that right when I installed the FP3. I'll probably play around with the more aggressive settings just for fun, but Standard + was great! Thanks all. Ride safe.

Jim

·
Registered
151 Posts
maybe a little off topic but i took out my FP3 last summer as I had a dyno tue done after my cams were installed. Can I reinstall the FP3 and keep the same tune? I would love to play around with throttle like you folks have been.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
maybe a little off topic but i took out my FP3 last summer as I had a dyno tue done after my cams were installed. Can I reinstall the FP3 and keep the same tune? I would love to play around with throttle like you folks have been.
You should probably ask V&H about that one. The first time you hooked up the FP3 it copied your stock tune and saved it to the V&H servers, so that "default" map is already saved. I don't know if you can load and save a 3rd party tuned map and then edit it to reflash the ECM.

Considering that you paid good money for a pro-tune, I'd definitely confirm with V&H and if they say it's possible get detailed instructions on how to do it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lunch ride was great and the change to the throttle was very noticeable. Should have done that right when I installed the FP3. I'll probably play around with the more aggressive settings just for fun, but Standard + was great! Thanks all. Ride safe.

Jim

So just click the standard + and change nothing else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
I just now flashed the moderate setting, thought I’d start in the middle

I’ve had this FP-3 for 2-1/2 years and I’m just now getting around In finding this out

WTF

Just did a 10 mile loop

Wow

Impressive with full exhaust

Air Cleaner & Cams

Thanks Gents

Great info

I just filled my tank

Now let’s see how the mileage is effected

I don’t mind filling up more, lol

Swomack

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
I just got my FP3 and installed the canned map. Pardon my ignorance, but what difference from stock, using the standard plus?

That lag you have from when you start to twist the throttle and when it reacts. It's gone. It acts like an entirely different bike. I see Swomack just reset his. And see his reaction above this post.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That lag you have from when you start to twist the throttle and when it reacts. It's gone. It acts like an entirely different bike. I see Swomack just reset his. And see his reaction above this post.

I hear ya. When i installed the fp3 and started the bike, when reving i did notice the hiccup. Glad to know it goes away. Thank you for your time

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
I hear ya. When i installed the fp3 and started the bike, when reving i did notice the hiccup. Glad to know it goes away. Thank you for your time

Anytime. That's what we're here for.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Did you ever get a definitive answer from V&H about whether you could use the FP3 on a bike tuned with another tuner?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts