Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Taking the Shark to the Frankfort, Louisville, KY ~ Madison, IN area the week of July 4th and the following week.

The Unlimited Hydroplane races are in Madison the 5th, 6th & 7th.

Anybody want to get together and do some ridin'??

·
Registered
720 Posts
Not sure, but maybe!

I live about 25 miles from Madison. I have been very busy but may be able to get down that way. I will PM my cell number so you can call if you have someplace up the river you want to know about/ride to. We have the gambling boats up this way if you are interested also.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
I live about 25 miles from Madison. I have been very busy but may be able to get down that way. I will PM my cell number so you can call if you have someplace up the river you want to know about/ride to. We have the gambling boats up this way if you are interested also.
Gonna be in your neck of the woods Saturday. I'll be hanging out at the Jeff Co fairgrounds in Hanover.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Gonna be in your neck of the woods Saturday. I'll be hanging out at the Jeff Co fairgrounds in Hanover.
At the 4H fair? If so and the weather is right I can get my wife to come down there in a heart beat! :) She grew up in 4H and always goes to that fair's cattle show.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
At the 4H fair? If so and the weather is right I can get my wife to come down there in a heart beat! :) She grew up in 4H and always goes to that fair's cattle show.
No, its the state rally for the Indiana Widows Sons. Widows Sons are a Masonic riding group.
Frankie is the president of our chapter here.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Heatwave, make sure you ride 421 from Frankfort, KY to Madison, IN (love the road). Here is a place to eat in Frankfort. The owner is very entertaining.

http://rickswhitelightdiner.com/
Check the videos at the bottom of web site home page.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I am off work July 1-3 but work the next few days after. I am close though and may be able to meet up for ride. I will follow this and see where you guys are going.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heatwave, make sure you ride 421 from Frankfort, KY to Madison, IN (love the road). Here is a place to eat in Frankfort. The owner is very entertaining.

http://rickswhitelightdiner.com/
Check the videos at the bottom of web site home page.
'Rode 421 when I was up there last October, 'look forward to riding it some more. 'Also enjoyed 127 towards Warsaw
Ate at Ricks in October, he wasn't there, I think he was out getting fish or shrimp, or sumpthin' like that...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A good place to eat in Madison, IN is Shipley's Tavern, 322 West Street, Madison, IN. Best cheeseburgers in southern Indiana.
Shipley's is a Monday morning tradition after the Regatta, for us. You are right about the cheeseburgers!!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Shipley's is a Monday morning tradition after the Regatta, for us. You are right about the cheeseburgers!!!
Never been there but that just might be the ticket! All of these years and I have not been there, go figure!
We used to do the Regatta when we were younger. That last trip in the back camping in the back of a van and swimming in the river back in the early '80s kind of ruined it for us though! But boy was it fun at the time! :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
If you need another place to eat in Madison, try Mumbles BBQ along the river. Good BBQ!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts