Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very minor. Still pisses me off enough to vent. Long story short: Cleaned up garage yesterday. Raised lift table (unloaded) to clean underneath, etc. Left it up when done, safety bar NOT engaged. Air piston bled off overnight, lowering table. Bike parked just behind it. Rear of the table gouged the hell out of Bad Dad front fender.

Lesson learned: Always engage the safety bar, dumbass.

Greatfullness: It could have been worse. If the bike was parked closer or at a different angle, it might have knocked it over.

Silver lining: It's just the excuse I needed to get that Klock Werks Wrapper I've had my eye on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
That would certainly ruin one's day. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sux for sure, but I gotta ask. What kind of lift table?
Good question. It's a Redline Stands table. It's basically a Chinese knock off of a Handy table. It's really worked great in the couple of years that I've had it. This is the first time I've had it bleed off like this.

In any case, lesson learned and new fender is on the way.

·
Super Moderator
1,766 Posts
Jay.....Jay......

Bummer dude. When I first read the title I thought we were going to have another shark that jumped off the lift like Dan's did, or fell over and was leaning on the jeep when you came out in the morning.

New front fender that is easy. How do you start a flood?

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And here's the silver lining. Thefactorymatch.com really came through. Dead on match on the Big Blue Pearl and incredibly fast shipping. I just ordered it last Tuesday and it showed up today! I figured I'd have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for it.

When I got back from riding to lunch, I saw that it was on the porch, so I rode the bike straight onto the lift. I had the fender mounted about 15 minutes after I picked it up off the porch. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Looks great. I need to look into that for mine. My front fender needs repainted anyway from 3-rust spots. A wrap looks good.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Looks good brother. Picked up a dent in my front fender 3 months after getting my RGU, looks like I know where I'm getting my replacement.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,807 Posts
Why does everyone assume the worst of me? :D
I think it's much more of a reflection of lengths many of us have had to go through to justify parts expense to our wives than any specific character flaw you might have! :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
As a new owner of a lift, I am sorry that your misfortune is now part of my inspection before putting the RG to bed for the night.

Sorry to hear about that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts