Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about moving on from the cee baileys super step windshield and looking at freedom and windvest. which windshield performs the best out of the 2, and i know the quality on the freedom is better, but more interested in which works better at the same height, either in the 12" or 13" height. 5'8" with a 30" inseam

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
My opinion is that you get what appeals to you, on whatever criteria is important to you.
Which one "performs better" is entirely subjective.
Right now I have a Freedom shield, but I wouldn't... no, couldn't, begin to say that it out-performs a similar sized Windvest. Not unless I put that Windvest on my sled. And then, my answer would only be relevant for me.
That's my 2¢

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
I have the Windvest 12" light smoke. I'm 6' & 32" inseam. It works great. You can go to the Windvest website & see the chart. They are a outstanding business to work with. I can't give any feedback on the Freedom. Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Performance is very personal. I bought a Freedom and am extremely happy with the service and quality given.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well ended up ordering a 12" freedom, so we will see next week when it gets here

·
Registered
501 Posts
Long time windvest owner I just switched to a freedom. They both work well, the optics and quality are superior on the Freedom.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I have owned multiple Freedom Shields now. The quality, fit, finish, clarity etc. have been outstanding on every one. I've been so happy with FS (and John is a stand up guy to boot) that I've never even tried another brand shield on my sled.

I can't knock Windvest (or any other shield) having never owned them, but I can pretty much guarantee that you will be really happy with your FS.

Did you end up ordering the original or the sport?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts