Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put a pair of these slip-on's on my 2013 RGC; so far this is the only thing I've done to exhaust/air.

The sound is very deep, but I think it's kind of 'mellow'. I am looking for maybe a bit more growl, and at idle, maybe more of the 'potato-potato'. Basically more character, if that makes sense.

Would you expect the sound to change much when I do the rest of a Stage 1 (for a header I'm \thinking Dragos H-pipe) ?

THANKS

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That makes sense; too bad. Cams are not on tap for this year.

I've heard that changing the header will make the exhaust louder. Currently, with stock header, they are pretty loud but are OK. I hope it doesn't become too obnoxious...

In addition to making it louder, will a new header change the character of the sound at all ?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yes of course, changing to a catless headpipe will make a big difference in sound volume and quality.

You can still have somewhat of a potato-potato sound- I have a catless stock headpipe with 4" Rineharts and it definitely has a harley sounding idle- wouldn't mistake it for a Honda, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts