Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. I am not a big poster as I generally find the information I need by searching.

Just purchased a Freedom Shield from John and it is everything that everyone says here. The quality, craftsmanship, fit, and finish are top notch. John helped me out choosing the right size windshield and made me feel like I was dealing with a local business which he is, just not local to me.

I wanted to thank this forum for steering me in the right direction and John for his personal touch helping me get the right shield. Without this forum I would have had no clue about Freedom Shields.

Replaced the 15 inch HD Windsplitter that was on it when I purchased it used and replaced it with the 14 inch Freedom Shield in medium tint. Bike is a 2013 Road Glide Ultra. I am 5' 11" with 32" inseam. This shield has stopped the turbulent air slapping me silly and replaced it with clean air. I can see clearly over it or slouch down and look through it with clarity. Shield is thick and very solid. I was very pleased with it the second I took it out of the box.

I did not even test it with the plastic on it. Once I saw the quality of the shield and mounted it I sat on the bike and decided it was a good height and removed the film. Went for a ride down back roads and highway. Do not have to blast my stereo any longer to hear it and I am not feeling like I am being punched in the face by the wind any longer.

Very happy with the purchase and just wanted to share another positive experience as this is what drove me to call John.

:grin:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
That is why this is the best forum, honest feedback on products to help in your decision process
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I've had three different windshields from John. Every one of them has been flawless, plus he is a fantastic guy to do business with.

Congrats on the new shield.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep, they sure do work! Quality product and John delivers on what he says. I recommend them to everybody that asks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
After a bit of research here and elsewhere I bought a Freedom Shield too. I needed expedited shipping due to a long trip I was going on, and was a bit worried about it coming in on time. I think their site says it can take 2-3 days to ship orders. I placed my order on a Sunday evening. I got notification Monday morning it was shipping. When I got it (on time, as promised) there was even a note on my order that someone must've added saying to rush shipment. I didn't tell them to, but someone had the common sense to realize that I'd paid for faster shipping and needed it ASAP. That's the kind of stuff that makes for good customer service.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I started out with a 15" Sport. I really like it but for longer trips I wanted a bit more. I tried a LRS 16" but was not happy with it. I called John up and he sent me a 16" tour version. I have had it on for about a month now and I can't say enough about it. I absolutely love this shield.

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Just got one from John for mine. 15" clear, awesome quality shield!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I tested the impact resistance of this shield over the holiday weekend. A mama turkey decided she needed to dart out in front of me to protect her babies on the side of the road. She realized her mistake too late and tried to go vertical.

Ended up hitting the right side fairing, folding over and slid up the windshield to the other side over my head! Friend behind me said he wish he had a gopro recording the plume of feathers and carcass flying over my head.

The turkey did slightly scuff the shield which will easily buff out but I am glad I did not have one of those toenail windshields on after that.

Never even hit the brakes or swerved worried that if it got under a wheel I could loose control. I just braced for it and rode right through it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts