Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a coupon number for Freedom Shields? I went to order a 12" shield and they want to charge $27 for shipping (CONUS). That's steep for something of that size. I saw where there is a section to input a coupon number. I am looking to offset the overall cost a little. Can anyone help me out here?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Call

John Lauk
Freedom Shields
303-816-1615

Tell him you are a member at RoadGlide.org and he will likely give you a discount. That will help defray some of the shipping cost. Either way you won't be disappointed that you bought a windshield from him. Excellent quality and customer service.

If he won't give you a discount, go back to the web route and try coupon code;

CVO

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Call

John Lauk
Freedom Shields
303-816-1615

Tell him you are a member at RoadGlide.org and he will likely give you a discount. That will help defray some of the shipping cost. Either way you won't be disappointed that you bought a windshield from him. Excellent quality and customer service.

If he won't give you a discount, go back to the web route and try coupon code;

CVO
That code did the trick, thanks!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
They are having a 20% sale right now..try code 2017 or call John up..

Reactions: Oclaf

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered a 17" Freedom shield for my new Road Glide Limited. I'm 6'4" and needed some better coverage. The CVO coupon code worked. 23 Feb 2021. Thanks for sharing !

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I just ordered the 11” Sport Shield. I called the phone number listed. I identified myself as a Road Glide Forum member. The person gave me the Road Glide Forum discount code. It gave me $18.49 discount which is a 10% discount.
The Road Glide Forum Code is “rg.org”.
But checking the “CVO” code and it gave a discount of $27.74, which is about a 15% discount. So don’t use the forum code. Use the “CVO” code.
You know, a dollar is a dollar. 😎

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sweet! I had a new shield in my cart but hadn't pulled the trigger yet... code "CVO" still valid, 15% off

Unfortunately they are quoting me ground shipping (cheapest) at $45?! I suppose if they really wrap the hell out of it to protect it in transit, but damn...

Great tip on the Ebay listings, they have the exact shield I want with a tiny "dot" they say must be held up to a light to even detect. I might just take a shot on that one, as it would be $160 shipped vs $232!

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
shipping has gotten really out of control. that's why things like amazon prime have really taken off. it isn't the weight so much that is determining the high shipping cost, but the size of the box that it comes in. and, in most cases, it isn't the vendor that is gouging the customer on the cost, but the shipping company charging exorbitant fees.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bought my Freedom shield on Ebay. Saved $$$$$$$$$$$.

Can't see the "blem" they mentioned.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Bought my Freedom shield on Ebay. Saved $$$$$$$$$$$.

Can't see the "blem" they mentioned.
I just did the same thing! I'd been checking from time to time and this past Monday they had a 10" Dark Grey Sport Touring 2015+ shield. It was significantly reduced and the 'inclusion' is nearly impossible to see. Free shipping for eBay purchases and I'm in Colorado, so it ended up being an overnight shipment too.

Now to decide what to do with the 12" Freedom Sport Touring shield I took off...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Been looking at getting a freedom shield for a while now. I'm a bit hesitant because I have 16" bars and they're pushed as far forward as you can go without hitting the inner fairing at full turn. Does anyone have any experience with taller bars and these windshields? I don't want to move my bars and I'm afraid the bars might hit the windshield as it seems to set a little farther back toward the rider than the stock shields.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Been looking at getting a freedom shield for a while now. I'm a bit hesitant because I have 16" bars and they're pushed as far forward as you can go without hitting the inner fairing at full turn. Does anyone have any experience with taller bars and these windshields? I don't want to move my bars and I'm afraid the bars might hit the windshield as it seems to set a little farther back toward the rider than the stock shields.
Freedom Shields offers two type Shields. I, also have my bars forward. I purchased the “Sport” shield. There is plenty of clearance. A big plus is you can return the shield for a full refund, if it doesn’t fit. Just don’t remove the protective film.
The Web site has complete instructions on how to measure for perfect fit.

Reactions: DoubleJ

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a near new 14" Freedom Shield medium tint. It was on the bike for 1 ride. I want to sell it but the shipping is a PITA. Anyone in South Florida looking for a shield?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I have a near new 14" Freedom Shield medium tint. It was on the bike for 1 ride. I want to sell it but the shipping is a PITA. Anyone in South Florida looking for a shield?
Bro, post it in the classified section...maybe youll get a bite...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts