Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke with John today at Freedom Shields in Colorado. He has the windshields available, and is doing a 20% off sale thru BLACK FRIDAY! I ordered a Windvest as well, and am going to compare the two. Seems like a higher quality product than anything else I have looked at. Thicker, better optical quality, polished edges, and CHEAPER! I had ordered the Windvest already, so I will go ahead and do a comparison next week. Have a feeling I will be returning the Windvest, though. ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Freedom shield

I found it to be the best shield for my 09. Sorry, can't look at madstat. This works for me. Good quality good guy..

·
Registered
222 Posts
here is the e mail John sent me

Nov 19 at 6:38 PM

Hi John,

I finally have a couple of pics I can send you……this one is an 11” Dark Grey tint. The 11” is the length of the shield laying a tape measure on the front face of the shield right up the center above the vent to the top edge of the shield.

I will be doing the same sizes as our other Road Glide shields where we go every inch from 10” up to 18”.

I took a vertical measurement from the very top point of the inner fairing above where the vent hole comes out in the inner fairing to the top edge of the shield for a vertical measurement of 4” up from there.

Let me know how these look to you.

I will have them starting production on Monday and will run about 3-5 working days from the date of the order to ship.

The prices will be the same as our other Road Glide shields on our website.

Let me know how it looks to you !

Thanks John,

John Lauk

Freedom Shields

303-816-1615

John At Freedom shields said to get the 20% discount on any shield just enter
Black as the coupon code and it will calculate the discount

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm assuming you are the same one that posted on the FB group. Would be nice if they posted a vertical height measurement like they do for the pre-2015. I'd like to grab one at the Black Friday price.
go to his site and get the number and call him...great guy...I just ordered a 14" for my 2015 and a custom made 13" for the wifes switchback...cant beat the price and quality

·
Registered
4 Posts
He can, just ordered mine this week after confirming recommended size with John. He is very helpful. I will post about my results from the shield after next week.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I will also post pics and vertical height specs on the 14" after Thanksgiving when I return......It's Party Time for me....lmao :D

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
We need a "standard" place to measure on the new '15s like we do on the previous generation sharks. I know when I test rode a 15 CVO Ultra, the shield was just a little too tall for me. I'll have to measure it once it gets here to see what size I want to order from him.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ok dont have good pics yet because of the weather...and havent got to test ride either....however the shield looks great and is high quality...the vertical height from the top of the radio is 7" on the 14" freedom shield...i'll get better pics up by the weekend...doing business with John was a pleasure..great guy...custom made me a shield for my wifes [email protected] 13" with a recurve..

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Thanks for the pix. Just measured my CVO. Top of the radio to the top of the stock shield is 7". That would put that recurve on the FS right where it would annoy the hell out of me. I'll keep an eye our for a 13" from them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
your welcome,,,, I looked all over before i ordered a shield for the vertical height measurements and couldn't find any....they make them in inch increments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thanks for this post, I just ordered a 10" should have it by late next week
was gonna re order the windvest as on my 13 - but after reading these post from start and checking out John's website, decided to purchase one (still got Black Friday deal) - will keep plastic on and ride with for a bit see how I like it then decide - Not a fan of the new Klockwerks look for the 15 glide

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got my dark grey 12 inch installed and took it out for a quick ride. Great quality shield. John recommend the 12 inch shield because we are about the same height and it is perfect for me. I am 5'11" and 34 inseam.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts