Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After plenty of reading here and a couple of phone calls to John at Freedom Shields I ordered one of his. I went with the an 11" touring in dark gray. Looking forward to getting it next week and putting it to use.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You won't be sorry. Good choice.

Reactions: RGReno

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Be sure to post a picture when you get it installed!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Good deal. I went back and forth on that shield and ended up going with LRS simply for the price. I am not worried about the clarity at the curve and honestly, dont understand why so many do, you should be looking over the shield. Now I do get looking through it when it rains and some ride in the rain often (me) I swear my new bike is a rain maker!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I went with same shield in medium smoke will be in tomorrow. Can't wait to get it on , John is great to deal with.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is on the little brown truck and out for delivery today, just in time for my trip to Colorado this weekend. I will try to get some pics while on vacation and give a review as well. I told John that if get to his neck of the woods I would stop by and check out his shop.

·
Registered
518 Posts
After plenty of reading here and a couple of phone calls to John at Freedom Shields I ordered one of his. I went with the an 11" touring in dark gray. Looking forward to getting it next week and putting it to use.
I am 5'9" with a 31" inseam and have a HD RallyRunner seat on my RGS. My Freedom shield is the 11" touring model in light smoke. Perfect height for me, and I look over it, but I am thinking of getting the same shield in clear. The tint messes with my head in low light conditions. It does look good on the bike. Build quality, service, delivery, clarity, you name it, all perfect. I wish they made shields for my '03 Honda with almost 100k miles on it!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have had a couple of his shields in the light grey great product you'll love it

·
Registered
296 Posts
The FS 11" Sport Tour was top of my list after a year of looking and reading, that is until I bought an 11" Cee Baily used from a forum member. It's supposed to be here tomorrow... we shall see, I love the look of the CB. Hope the height does it for me. I tried the 12" HD Windsplitter, another sexy shield but it was just tall enough to bug me, top of shield right in my line of site.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got busy when I came home from my 2100 mile trip and forgot to post a review of the Freedom Shield. This was a great upgrade to the bike and it handled the wind of western Kansas very well with no distortion, and after 530 miles my wife and I felt like going another 120 miles to Blackhawk, CO. I would recommend the Freedom Shield to anyone looking to upgrade from the stock thumbnail that comes on the bike. You can see from the pic that it looks great on the bike. I like it so well that I have left it on my bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
I absolutely love my 12" Freedom Shield in dark smoke. I think it looks great on my bike and it is perfect function as well.

I could not recommend the Freedom shields products more highly.

Glad it is working out for you. Looks great on your scoot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just ordered a Freedom 15" Touring in Medium Gray. Currently running a Klock Werks 14" Sport and it's not too bad, but looking for a little better protection.

Speedy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts