Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed a 15" Freedom Shield on the Ultra. It came with upgraded wellnuts, a nice trim piece along the base of the windshield and extra padding strips for fairing protection.....nice touches. The windshield is thicker more rigid, and the clarity excellent.
I can finally stop collecting windshields and nope, I don't work there. Also Freedom Shields is having a 20% discount during the holiday season.

Reactions: RoadTrip

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have to say I have gone thru about 4 windshields, stock, Harley's 15" piece of junk and another 11" from some company I forget but rode it to Sturgis and it did well to keep the wind away. Problem is coming from a Heritage Soft Tail with a completely clear full windshield I was able to see the road ahead much better. So my quest began for a clear, strong and optically clear shield. Most plexi shields are made with cheap materials and when you look thru them with polarized sun glasses you get a moire (rainbow effect).
Alas! I found a company that makes airplane windshields, and it so happens they make motorcycle ones as well. Cee Bailey is the name of the company.
Will be putting my other shields on eBay soon.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Guys I just ordered the freedom shield. I was surprised when John mentioned they are made fresh at the factory once you order and take about 3-4 weeks to ship. HMMM Interesting and excited to ride with it on. It's like 10 degrees where I am at so I am scared to ride when it's this cold even with a windshield lol.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have purchased many brands of WS’s over my decades of motorcycling, and had never found a brand that scored high in every aspect until I bought a Freedom. Outstanding quality, clarity, wind protection, and did I mention QUALITY????? At least a third thicker, no distortion. This windshield and a quality helmet headset, oh baby. You won’t be sorry.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Which one are you guys using, Touring or Sport Touring?
Have either of you used both?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Which one are you guys using, Touring or Sport Touring?
Have either of you used both?
I have used a 15" Sport Touring and currently run an 18" Touring. The 15" was just a little too short for me (because I run a Russell Day Long seat which puts be up 1-2 inches), so I went with the taller and wider shield. I don't see that much more side wind deflection with the Touring vs Sport Touring, maybe an inch or so on each side. The Sport Touring does look better, though.

Love them both, but will be putting the 15" up for sale soon.

CORRECTION: My Sport Touring shield was a 16”, not 15”.

Reactions: Diese

·
Registered
307 Posts
I went Touring because I hate cold wind hitting my arms. I tried a 12” HD windsplitter, waste of money. Now I use a Freedom, 12” medium tint Touring windshield. I’m 5’7” and I had my seat lowered at Mean City Cycles, and the 12” is perfect for getting the wind over my head and around my arms. No buffeting or “sound pound” from the wind.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought a 14" Freedom Shield. As others have mentioned, quality is outstanding and much thicker than stock. It's hard to imagine a better choice.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have used a 15" Sport Touring and currently run an 18" Touring. The 15" was just a little too short for me (because I run a Russell Day Long seat which puts be up 1-2 inches), so I went with the taller and wider shield. I don't see that much more side wind deflection with the Touring vs Sport Touring, maybe an inch or so on each side. The Sport Touring does look better, though.

Love them both, but will be putting the 15" up for sale soon.
Thank you RoadTrip

·
Registered
397 Posts
I went Touring because I hate cold wind hitting my arms. I tried a 12” HD windsplitter, waste of money. Now I use a Freedom, 12” medium tint Touring windshield. I’m 5’7” and I had my seat lowered at Mean City Cycles, and the 12” is perfect for getting the wind over my head and around my arms. No buffeting or “sound pound” from the wind.

You interested in getting rid of the 12” wind splitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sure. PM me your zip code and I’ll get some shipping information and give you a price. It made one Arkansas trip and I switched it out. It’s a great looking windshield, but switched due to the reasons I mentioned before.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sure. PM me your zip code and I’ll get some shipping information and give you a price. It made one Arkansas trip and I switched it out. It’s a great looking windshield, but switched due to the reasons I mentioned before.

Message sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Another victim from this site, installed a Freedom 12" sport touring dark tint on my '18 RGS. What a difference from stock. Took care of the air noise at cruise. Really compliments the bike, looks better than the stock one. I'm 5'11" and this the right height for me, as I don't like looking through a windshield.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Another victim from this site, installed a Freedom 12" sport touring dark tint on my '18 RGS. What a difference from stock. Took care of the air noise at cruise. Really compliments the bike, looks better than the stock one. I'm 5'11" and this the right height for me, as I don't like looking through a windshield.
I just did the same, put it on and rode 2 miles. Turned around went home and peeled the covers off, fantastic windshield

i was worried the look on my RGS was going to suffer but it actually looks good, love it 5 stars from me

1 - 20 of 20 Posts