Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just got a new shield, brand unnamed. My wife got a new Street Glide and had been researching options to decrease head buffeting that was so bad it was affecting her vision at highway speeds. Someone told her about Freedom Shields, which is located in Pine Colorado (in the Colorado mountains). She emailed them, and, since we live in Colorado, John and his wife Debbie (owners) drove down and put demo shields on her bike. She got on the highway to test them out and ordered one.

The shield I got was going to have to be cut down some. My wife talked me into going with Freedom Shields. John observed me on the bike and did some measuring. Last Friday they brought the new shields to us and put them on our bikes. I cannot say enough about this shield. No head buffeting, thicker than stock, polished edges, 2" painted black at the bottom to hide the "ugly" parts where it attaches. The recurve is effective but there is no distortion. I ride a '12 Glide, am 6' tall, have an extra padded (custom) seat and I went with a 14" light grey shield.

Great customer service, effective high quality product...I couldn't ask for more.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
I have heard they do things like that a lot for their customers

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a 3 time customer of Freedom shields. I had 2 on my Street Glide and when I got my new 17 RG that was 1 of my first upgrades. I went with an 11" Sport Touring shield. It has a nice curve to it but doesn't distort very much at all. Nothing like the distortion of the Klockwerks shield.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
John is an awesome person, and his shields rock, i tried a couple of sizes till i got it right, settled for a 12 inch dark smoke and love it, and i am 6 feet tall perfect for me running a mustang sport tourer seat. I can hear my radio at freeway speeds which was not possible with my other shield and still retain the semi low look which i love, i have never owned such a high quality shield and this was my third one on my 2011 FLTRX, i highly recommend these shields.

·
Registered
623 Posts
John is an awesome person, and his shields rock, i tried a couple of sizes till i got it right, settled for a 12 inch dark smoke and love it, and i am 6 feet tall perfect for me running a mustang sport tourer seat. I can hear my radio at freeway speeds which was not possible with my other shield and still retain the semi low look which i love, i have never owned such a high quality shield and this was my third one on my 2011 FLTRX, i highly recommend these shields.
It's funny, 'cos I'm 5'7 and started out trying a 10, then 11, then 12 inch shield. I like to look over the top, and I still do on the 12 inch smoked shield. Being able to leave the plastic film on and just keep changing out until you get it right is a great option. Realistically, most probably just want to remove the film without making sure they have it right. I was fine with riding around for over a month with 3 different shields wrapped in plastic.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
It's funny, 'cos I'm 5'7 and started out trying a 10, then 11, then 12 inch shield. I like to look over the top, and I still do on the 12 inch smoked shield. Being able to leave the plastic film on and just keep changing out until you get it right is a great option. Realistically, most probably just want to remove the film without making sure they have it right. I was fine with riding around for over a month with 3 different shields wrapped in plastic.
Me too, took three times to get the one i liked, i need to look over it as well, if its in my line of sight it will drive me batty, with a dark tinted shield of course, i could have gone taller but in clear or light tint, i am very pleased with my set up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts