Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a 12in shield. It should be here next week. Also just ordered a set of 16in apes. It never even dawned on me about the 2 not working together (my first fairing bike) So what do you guys think. Think I will have any clearance issues?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Just ordered a 12in shield. It should be here next week. Also just ordered a set of 16in apes. It never even dawned on me about the 2 not working together (my first fairing bike) So what do you guys think. Think I will have any clearance issues?
No worries. I just installed a 14" Freedom Sport Touring a week or so ago, and I have 16" apes. No clearance issues at all. You'll have no problem with the 12" shield.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Same Feedback...
2016 RGS 14" Freedom Shield 14" apes not even close to touching.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome... I was sweating a little bit there. But now I see everybody seems to be runnin a taller shield than me and im worried I went to small.. My measurements came out to 4.5 inches so I hope I got the right size.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Awesome... I was sweating a little bit there. But now I see everybody seems to be runnin a taller shield than me and im worried I went to small.. My measurements came out to 4.5 inches so I hope I got the right size.
I originally ordered an 11 inch (not the sport, I think it was called the touring) but one of the local dealers had a 12 inch. I still had the plastic on so they let me switch it out and I stayed with the 12 inch. I have a slightly lowered seat on my ultra and I'm only 5'7 with a 29 inch inseam. I can see over the top and it works fine for me. Keep in mind though, if you're not happy with it you can send it back if it's still wrapped (if you bought it new).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Im running a CVO seat, but I have a 34in inseam. I took 2 yard sticks. one coming straight up off the top vent and the other one lined up at my nose. they crossed at 4.5 inches.. surely thats the right height.. Right??? lol.. I just read on here that you shorter fellas are going with taller winshields and it makes me think I went to short.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will have a 12 inch tint sheild with about 300 miles on it for sale today, when I put my 21 on the front it moved the edge right into my line of sight so I ordered a 10. I have fmb bars and it works fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts