Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Your gonna love it, I have a 12 inch dark tint from them on my 2011 FLTRX and its the best shield hands down out of all I have seen and had, looks real good, the recurve works surprisingly well, Good luck and post some pics when you get that bad boy installed.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I am telling you the thickness and clarity are awesome, you wont be disappointed.
I keep hearing that from everyone that owns one. With my new saddle and wanting to use my Airhawk for longer trips, I am going double check my measurements to make sure I get the right height when I order.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Agreed. The Freedom 13" shield is the best windshield I have tried. I really like it so far. In my quest have evaluated and kept searching until now. Along the way tried out:
- stock road glide 2019 18"
- Klockwerks 13"
- Harley Davidson 12"

would be willing to sell the above if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your gonna love it, I have a 12 inch dark tint from them on my 2011 FLTRX and its the best shield hands down out of all I have seen and had, looks real good, the recurve works surprisingly well, Good luck and post some pics when you get that bad boy installed.
I'm pretty sure I will love it from everything I've read. I will definitely post a pic after I get it. I almost did the dark but I thought it might be an issue at night so I dropped down to the medium grey.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Make sure you leave the wrap on it and ride for a while to make sure you got the right size. He will take it back as long as the wrapping isn't removed. I took a 5 minute ride and took it off. Then I decided it was the wrong size for me and couldn't return it. I've tried about 10 -15 different sizes and brands of windshields over the years and Freedom has to be at the top of the list for quality.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Make sure you leave the wrap on it and ride for a while to make sure you got the right size. He will take it back as long as the wrapping isn't removed. I took a 5 minute ride and took it off. Then I decided it was the wrong size for me and couldn't return it. I've tried about 10 -15 different sizes and brands of windshields over the years and Freedom has to be at the top of the list for quality.
that is my intentions. I usually will put a couple of hundred miles on my bike over the weekend, last weekend was a little over 300, weekend before was over 500. Plan is to install (with plastic on) and do a weekend ride. The height should be good since it's the same height as my current shield, only difference is this will have the curved lip and its tinted not clear.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Have that same shield. Have had it since spring . Had to change the height of my windshield after I changed my seat to a mustang super solo. Perfect fit the first time. Great looks, great wind protection. Went with the medium gray tint. A little to dark to look through at night. But otherwise couldn’t be happier.

·
Registered
97 Posts
On my street glide an 8” shield was perfect for me.
On the road glide the stock isn’t too bad at all but I think that I want it another inch or two higher.
What is the stock height on a RG?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On the road glide the stock isn’t too bad at all but I think that I want it another inch or two higher.
Well, on my 18 RGU I haven't measured it, but the stock height is I believe 14". On my 15 Road Glide standard, the stock windshield was the short dark shield that is either 6" or 8". I don't remember for sure because that windshield has been sitting on a shelf for the last 4 years.

·
Registered
374 Posts
A great shield. I love my 14" touring shield. Kinda got frustrated trying to put it on using the directions included. Then I looked on here and found the best way is to start on 1 side and work your way to the other side then titen them all up. I got the medium tint also. You can still thru it slightly at night but I look over mine by a inch or so.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A great shield. I love my 14" touring shield. Kinda got frustrated trying to put it on using the directions included. Then I looked on here and found the best way is to start on 1 side and work your way to the other side then titen them all up. I got the medium tint also. You can still thru it slightly at night but I look over mine by a inch or so.
That's about the same amount I look over my windshield. My new Freedom shield will be here Tuesday. really Looking forward to getting it.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Well, on my 18 RGU I haven't measured it, but the stock height is I believe 14". On my 15 Road Glide standard, the stock windshield was the short dark shield that is either 6" or 8". I don't remember for sure because that windshield has been sitting on a shelf for the last 4 years.
remember swflguy, taz has an ultra and you have a custom. the stock windshields are totally different on those 2 bikes. the ultra is more 'stand up-ish' while the custom is leaned back towards the rider more.

i believe the stock windscreen on the custom is either 6 or 8 inches. leaning towards 8 because when we replaced ours with the lrs, we went 10 and it's about perfect and only seems to be 1-1/2 to 2 inches taller than the stock.

congrats on the new shield taz, i would love to get a freedom shield, only it's so hard to get because if i get 1, i have to get 2 (one for the wife as well) and it's just so hard to open the wallet for $400 for shields. but one day......

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for that. I am thinking 10” is about where I want to be. I still need to do some real measurements yet I guess.
I have a list of mods, and this is somewhere on it, lol.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts