Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't 850 bux high for freight? Dealer says he can get what I want from another dealer that dealer is less than 200 miles away. Also, on top of DMV fees is $100 "document" processing????

·
Registered
107 Posts
Me personally I wouldn't pay for freight or document processing. Their making enough selling these things for over 20K if they want to sell the bike, they'll waive it. You could also try going to the dealer that does have it, even if it is a good road trip.

I went to a few different dealerships in the area. The first was unwilling to negotiate on anything. The next, though quite a bit further from where i live was willing to negotiate and drop some of these dealer charges and eventually won my business.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Call up that dealer 200 miles away, see if they'll make it worth your while to come in. If they throw you a deal, buy it there and ride that bad boy home!

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Go to the other dealer.... buy the bike.... just think of the goodies them 850 smackers would buy.

Save maybe 15 bucks out of the 850 and go to the original dealer that tried to screw you, and buy a filter for the new bike..... then take the sales guy out to the parking lot and show him your new bike.

W

·
0 Posts
The dealer I bought my last 2 Harleys from wanted $810.00 for freight & dealer prep and wouldn't budge. I didn't budge either and bought my bike out of state and paid ZERO freight & dealer prep. It was a great 285 mile ride home when I bought it.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Damn!

I shipped my daughter's Chevy from Maryland to Texas for $700.00. And I though THAT was expensive.
Dude, you need to tell them to make you a better deal or your gonna go elsewhere.

HSP

·
Registered
146 Posts
Save maybe 15 bucks out of the 850 and go to the original dealer that tried to screw you, and buy a filter for the new bike..... then take the sales guy out to the parking lot and show him your new bike.
Great idea. Love it!

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great insights here as usual - I did find a more competitive deal -- pix posted soon!!!!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I worked in transportation industry for 40+ years. You can ship an entire container Chicago to LA or NY for $950. Just another way for MOCO or any mfg to increase bottom line. Most people never question freight charges in dealing on vehicles. Keep in mind HD probably charges dealer the $850 !!!! Up to dealer to discount but rest assured they know their numbers no matter what they ultimately sell the bike for to ensure they make their margins.

·
Registered
197 Posts
$ 850 HA

That dealer is NOT your friend

but - if you pay the $ 850 you would have bought his friendship

friends don't buy new friends with $$$, but jerks do, he showed his cards, time to fold

glad you did better,
though sometimes we get jammed in and can't find better, and have to pay extra for our toys ...

ahh - the price to say "I WANT IT NOW !" $$$ ouch

enjoy - nice not getting ripped off from day one, plenty more days coming for dealer screwing's (just kidding)

·
Registered
753 Posts
just as a side info.... I can have a bike shipped from Boston to Germany for $750.... or from any major airport flown to europe stating at about $1500.... so 850 is a bit... BS!!!! What I am wondering if they charge that much in PA for "Destination Charge".

·
Registered
391 Posts
Beat me to the punch!!! It costs less than that to have the bike shipped overseas. And ditto to what everyone else has said here; way too much.

Sounds like you've already solved the problem though, so looking forward to seeing the new pics!!! :D

just as a side info.... I can have a bike shipped from Boston to Germany for $750.... or from any major airport flown to europe stating at about $1500.... so 850 is a bit... BS!!!! What I am wondering if they charge that much in PA for "Destination Charge".

1 - 20 of 23 Posts