Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to make it an extra long weekend and met up with some friends Friday morning for a ride. My one buddy just got a new Triumph Tiger 1200 and rode up from NC on Thursday evening just to ride with us to NY on Fri, crashed at my place Friday night, then went home on Sat. He said it needed broke in, as he just got it the week before. Anyway, we left State College around 8am in the pouring rain, but the radar showed it was all clear once we got about 30 miles north. We were in and out of some rain, some heavy, some not, but still rain, until we got about 30 miles or so north of State College, then the skies cleared and it was blue sky and some clouds with temps in the mid to upper 70's all day. Rode to Gowanda, NY, visited the HD Shop there, real cool old time dealership, I think it is the oldest family run HD Shop in the US. Anyway after checking that shop out, we rode south to Ellicottville, NY for lunch at the Ellicottville Brewery (Awesome Place with great food and good beers). Ellicottville is where my oldest daughter and I go skiing a couple times through the winter. After a great lunch we headed back to State College. Managed around 370 miles for the day and other than the first 30 in the rain, it was a beautiful day. Just need to wash the bike now...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Couple more from Friday...Me and my wife and then a pic of the outdoor courtyard of the Brewery. That place is so cool, very rustic inside for seating and this outside courtyard had it all, outdoor bar, couches, chairs, lights, etc..and did I mention good food and great beers!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I think that's the first time I've seen Ms. Freaky. I guess she knows you too well to let you loose without her supervision. Nice trip, Jeff. (You had to be on a nice trip to have ridden the bike upside down and posed sideways for a few shots!!!)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Great ride and you hit some of my old stomping grounds when I lived back there. E'ville Brewing is pretty great and there is some great scenery riding around 219.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think that's the first time I've seen Ms. Freaky. I guess she knows you too well to let you loose without her supervision. Nice trip, Jeff. (You had to be on a nice trip to have ridden the bike upside down and posed sideways for a few shots!!!)
Mrs Freaky will be around this year for our M&G on 10/06, provided all is good with our kids. Yeah, upside down riding...No idea why it posted that way....

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Mrs Freaky will be around this year for our M&G on 10/06, provided all is good with our kids. Yeah, upside down riding...No idea why it posted that way....
I just figured you were tripping on something. Seriously, A lot of photos on this side get turned for some reason.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts