Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My front brake lever is noticeably harder to pull to appy brakes! Once I do get them to actually start braking it seems the brakes are sticking a little bit like the calipers are malfunctioning! Anyone ever had this issue! 2008 Roadie with ABS! Bike was recently services and I ASSUME the flushed the brake fluid but I am not sure of it!

·
Registered
372 Posts
First thing I'd do is contact the dealer and see if they flushed the brake lines. If they did, take it back to them. Did they replace the brake pads? Really don't know what would cause this issue. I sure others will chime in.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well found out after researching old posts that were similar to my situation I decided to put fresh pads on as one side of the front brake pads were worn worse than the other side. Once I got calipers out I cleaned all parts real good with brake cleaner. Had a hard time pushing piston back and fourth with the reservoir cap off but they finally got a good working. Everything put back together and same thing with the brakes! Ugh!!! Finally decided to look at the lines as I did before but REALLY look at them. Lift the tank up and low and behold one of the brake lines is caught under the tank and frame. You know where the half inch bolt on the tank is that is near the battery! It was barely touching but it was definitely the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hard braking

If my bikes sits for a week I can't pull the lever without ALOT of force.
After the initial pull evryhting is fine.
I think it's in the master and not the caliper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.