Road Glide banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems the front brake light switch is going on the lamb! It's not broke it just works every now and then! I took the switch housing apart to make sure the wedge was behind it and all is fine there! My question is can I splice in a new switch or do I have to take the handlebar apart to do the install! I have drag specialties hand controls and switch housing and 14 buky malos?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yes just pull the housing apart and splice in a new switch. Make sure you put a piece of folded up paper or card board between your lever and the perch, otherwise you will end up buying a second new switch.

·
Registered
10,385 Posts
What's the oem part # on that switch ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes just pull the housing apart and splice in a new switch. Make sure you put a piece of folded up paper or card board between your lever and the perch, otherwise you will end up buying a second new switch.
Can someone elaborate on this? I had an issue with my switch in the past. I can't remember exactly what I did but I don't think it involved paper products. Any pictures of what you mean? Or are you just talking about during installation?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He is basically saying to depress the brake and put something in between the lever to keep from breaking the switch! It can be thick cardboard or I use the ends of a plastic tie just anything to fit in there to keep the brake lever from contacting and breaking the switch while you are screwing with the hand controls!

·
Registered
809 Posts
You put the paper ir card board in the lever to depress it while you mount the kever and perch back on the bar. The part of the switch that comes in contact with the lever is hallow plastic and it will mar or break through easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.