Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to install some KST 12" Mayhems and need to order a brake line extension. I have a 98 RG and it has hard lines with a couple sections of soft line. But, I'm not seeing how I can replace just the upper portion of the line. Do I need to replace the entire system, from master cylinder to the calipers?

Here's the banjo bolt where it connects to the mc, with hard line out of it....

Here's a section of soft line so the handlebars move freely. I can't get the rubber boot pulled back to see how this is connected to the hard line....

And here's the junction where it splits to the two calipers. Definitely no removal of the lines from here....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm getting ready to install some KST 12" Mayhems and need to order a brake line extension. I have a 98 RG and it has hard lines with a couple sections of soft line. But, I'm not seeing how I can replace just the upper portion of the line. Do I need to replace the entire system, from master cylinder to the calipers?

Here's the banjo bolt where it connects to the mc, with hard line out of it....

Here's a section of soft line so the handlebars move freely. I can't get the rubber boot pulled back to see how this is connected to the hard line....

And here's the junction where it splits to the two calipers. Definitely no removal of the lines from here....
Hi Bud, I was searching for an answer to your very question myself, thought I found it, but no replies, damn lol. Do u remember what you had to do to extend the line? I no its old post but if ur still here would be cool if you can tell me? Thanks!

·
Registered
591 Posts
My Dyna had a similar set up. I had to replace in one piece from the banjo bolt to the calipers. The newer RG's are separated by the ABS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts