Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past week or two my front brake will pop the first time I use it. Once used, no more pop. If I let it cool down, say for about an hour, and get back on it will pop and again just the one time. I've checked to make sure everything is tight, the pads look ok and I can't make it do it when I put it up on my lift. I get nervous with anything concerning the front tire or brakes. I'm scheduled to take it in for service next weekend. Should I wait until then or would you go by ASAP?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm not sure if its the same noise I hear but mine will do it after I back up and apply the brake then once I move forward and apply the brake I will hear a pop. It's my understanding its the pad moving back and forth in the caliper and its a common thing with the Brembo equip bikes......

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that you mention it, I think that's been the case with mine. I'll check it out today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm not sure if its the same noise I hear but mine will do it after I back up and apply the brake then once I move forward and apply the brake I will hear a pop. It's my understanding its the pad moving back and forth in the caliper and its a common thing with the Brembo equip bikes......
Common on all Brembo equipt bikes. Just the pads seating the first time you use them. Mine has done that since day one. No worries.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine does the same thing periodically. Sort of a clacking sound. Not sure of the prerequisites that make it occur. It's a one and done thing but not every time I ride. I was wondering about it also but it sounds like it's a Brembo brake thing and nothing to worry about. This is my first bike with the Brembos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts