Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m back on, quick question...I own Hertz Mille Pro X165.3 at 4ohms impedance these pump out at 200 watt peak,100 watt continuous sound on the speakers ( I have no idea to begin to tell you if the 200 watt figure I presented just now is for a bridged amp or not)?..and with a DIAMOND 4v2 600 watt 4 channel- ( bridged at 2 channels is 300 watts/ per side),( front channel only). and a Rock Fosgate DSR1-signal processor and my stock Harley head unit?

First question I got, is bridging doable with those speakers , I mean they wont blow or anything will they?

Last question, does anybody know if you program a processor to run on a specific setup for your bike and then decide to bridge your front channel, does the signal that is coming out of your radio going to push the DSR1 , ( in my situation), or any signal processor to work harder and run the risk of damaging it in the long run if your always blaring it on 100 all the time?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I can't answer the DSR question, but as for the speaker power handling capacity.....................

Bridging the Diamond Micro4v2 works perfectly pushing the Hertz speakers. Can you blow the speakers?.............. Of course you can, but there isn't much risk as long as you set your system up correctly and don't intentionally try to burn them down. Distortion kills speakers quicker than clean power does - always. Just because the Micro4v2 is capable of outputting 300W per channel in bridged mode, doesn't mean that you have to crank the gains all the way up and try to achieve that claimed max power output. For simplicity sake, a clean 200W at 2/3 of an AMP's capability is a better solution than trying to hit 200W with another AMP that has less power and that would need to operate at 100% of it's rated power output to hit that number.

Set your gains correctly, by ear, o-scope or even DMM, lock her down and enjoy the new audio system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts