Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having issues with the TC 110 in my 2012 RGU. Started a month or so ago, but just an occasional thing, but now it is really bad and I don't consider the bike road worthy.

I was getting the following codes:
P0107 - Map Sensor Failed Open/Low
P0131 - Front Oxygen Sensor Low
P0132 - Front Oxygen Sensor High
P0152 - Rear Oxygen Sensor Low
P1353 - Front Cylinder No Combustion

I checked the MAP sensor and associated wiring. I've had wiring issues there before.
Wires looked good, but sensor was gunked up when I pulled it. Cleaned the sensor with carb cleaner and reinstalled it. Ran a bunch of carb cleaner through the intake while it was running. Put the bike back together and took it for a 50 mile spin on Freeway, city streets, back roads, varying altitudes (100' to over 1100') and it seems to be fine. No hiccups or coughs. No new codes. I thought it was just the sensor was dirty. Bike seemed to be running fine for a day or two.

Now the issue is back with a vengeance. Only code coming out now is for no combustion.
P1353 - Front Cylinder No Combustion.

I've replaced Coil, plug wires and plugs - no change.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Having issues with the TC 110 in my 2012 RGU. Started a month or so ago, but just an occasional thing, but now it is really bad and I don't consider the bike road worthy.

I was getting the following codes:
P0107 - Map Sensor Failed Open/Low
P0131 - Front Oxygen Sensor Low
P0132 - Front Oxygen Sensor High
P0152 - Rear Oxygen Sensor Low
P1353 - Front Cylinder No Combustion

I checked the MAP sensor and associated wiring. I've had wiring issues there before.
Wires looked good, but sensor was gunked up when I pulled it. Cleaned the sensor with carb cleaner and reinstalled it. Ran a bunch of carb cleaner through the intake while it was running. Put the bike back together and took it for a 50 mile spin on Freeway, city streets, back roads, varying altitudes (100' to over 1100') and it seems to be fine. No hiccups or coughs. No new codes. I thought it was just the sensor was dirty. Bike seemed to be running fine for a day or two.

Now the issue is back with a vengeance. Only code coming out now is for no combustion.
P1353 - Front Cylinder No Combustion.

I've replaced Coil, plug wires and plugs - no change.

Any ideas?
Stick I found his information on another forum not sure if it will help might be worth a shot.
Best of luck.
Mike U.

P1353 NO COMBUSTION FRONT CYL EFI" DTC codes.
Cincinnati HD was great and got my bike in quickly. They found the problem... the quick-release valve on the gas tank was closing off the fuel flow, likely because of accumulated residue from dirty fuel (91K miles on this bike so far). They put a new valve in and did a fuel pressure test, and all is fine now.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Out of curiosity, did you replace all those pieces with HD stuff and have you verified if you are losing spark or fuel?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure how you troubleshoot this one. It only shows up in off idle conditions. Idle seems to run fine, so I was gambling on the ignition side. Coils are HD, plug wires are HD SE - no one seems to stock the factory wires, plugs are NKG - same make/model/number as the last set installed by HD during a service check.

Fuel valve makes sense. Issue started after a tank of bad gas. That was about 5-6 tanks ago and at least one tank with gas treatment/injector cleaner.

I'll check that.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Sell me the Ironhead and use the money to trade in the RGU for a new......problem solved

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sell me the Ironhead and use the money to trade in the RGU for a new......problem solved
LOL!!!

Still trying for my old chopper. :)
You are consistent Eddie.

It's already promised to my daughter when I no longer need it. She helped me build it, she has earned it.

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
For treatment, did you use Seafoam? That crap works wonders! Why i ask is, the injectors could also be gunked up. Sometimes that crap does not want to come out easily. Might need a person touch .

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
LOL!!!

Still trying for my old chopper. :)
You are consistent Eddie.

It's already promised to my daughter when I no longer need it. She helped me build it, she has earned it.
I know I know......but you know I fuckin love that bike too man

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Having issues with the TC 110 in my 2012 RGU.

Any ideas?
you saying not 'one lunging' at idle but mimic's like pinched injector at rpm? been many a yr, mine was pinched and went up a size(just because), think it was an injector on the way out, but it did 'one lung' causing fright when throttle'n to negotiate

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you saying not 'one lunging' at idle but mimic's like pinched injector at rpm? been many a yr, mine was pinched and went up a size(just because), think it was an injector on the way out, but it did 'one lung' causing fright when throttle'n to negotiate
It runs fine at idle. Take off and it's good for a bit, then sputters, then runs, then starts cutting out, then on again, lather-rinse-repeat. Bike jerks like a bucking bronco.

DanHappy, I used STP gas treatment. Has worked well for me in the past.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know I know......but you know I fuckin love that bike too man
I know you do Eddie. I take it as high praise and a major compliment that you are so persistent.

For those that don't know my chopper that Eddie and I are talking about, here's a couple of pictures.
1962 XLCH Ironhead. Heavily modified.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, it took a little time to get all the parts and the tool in to remove the fuel tank top cover, but I was finally able to get it done today.
It's better, but it didn't solve the problem. Fuel filter was horrible. That is the part that has made the most difference.

So far, it has been Coil, Plugs, Plug wires, fuel shutoff valve and fuel filter. I took it for a short (5-6 mile) test ride after changing the fuel filter tonight. It is rideable, but still has a few stutters and coughs. It might just need to work all the air from the fuel line after changing the fuel filter, I don't know. I will ride it tomorrow and see what happens. It did not throw any codes on the test ride.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, that didn't fix it. I had a buddy ride with me while it was acting up. He says it smells very rich.

Is it possible that an injector is not closing completely? Maybe flooding the cylinder and causing the failure to fire because the mixture is too rich?

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Well, that didn't fix it. I had a buddy ride with me while it was acting up. He says it smells very rich.

Is it possible that an injector is not closing completely? Maybe flooding the cylinder and causing the failure to fire because the mixture is too rich?
If it was my bike I'd pull both spark plugs back out and compare the two. You said you replaced the plugs but you didn't indicate how they looked. Pull the news ones out and see what they look like. Too much fuel will cause them to be black. A decent burning plug should have a grayish color. It is possible the injector got clogged or is stuck due to the tank of bad gas you said you had. Also while the plugs are out I'd check the compression in both cylinders to make sure that is still good. You already got the fire part done. Now you need to start checking the wind and fuel parts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Stick did you check to make sure the fuel pressure is within specs?
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rlaf75
Checked the plugs on the first set when I changed them. They looked good. I have not checked this set yet.

Mike U
Not sure how to check the pressure.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rlaf75
Checked the plugs on the first set when I changed them. They looked good. I have not checked this set yet.

Mike U
First set of plugs. Rear is on the left, front on the right.

Reactions: rlaf75

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
rlaf75

Mike U
Stick, You wil need a Fuel Pressure Tester.
First thing to do is to remove the feul pump fuse and run the bike til it shuts off.
Then disconnect the fuel line and connect the Fuel Pressure Tester to the tank and the fuel line.
Reinsert the Fuel Pump Fuse and start the bike.
Fuel Pressure should read between 55-62 PSI.
I hope this helps.
Mike U.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts