Road Glide banner

61 - 80 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Shipping anything with the hopes of it arriving on time is ridiculous. I'm in CT, ordered something from new Hampshire two and a half weeks ago. My tracking says it's now in Georgia. Lol. I'm gonna give it till the end of the week the start making my complaints lol
If I was to mail my neighbor something here in Georgia , it would go to Florida, then back up here to Georgia. Ya wonder why the uspo is hurting for cash. Go figure.

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Just check UPS again. Package left Oakland, CA at 6:14pm, made it to Rocklin, CA at 8:48pm. Now it's only about 10 miles away. I MIGHT get it by Wednesday. LOL!!

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Thanks Mike. I'll double check that. I know there is a vacuum line there, not just a cap. I looked at the line at the throttle body, but didn't follow it to see where it goes.

I just checked the status of the pressure gauge, it's still in Oakland, CA. It's been there since Wednesday, 12/23. Not surprising when you consider Christmas.
You’re welcome Brother.
Hopefully You can find the line and if it’s disconnected or has a leak in it You can see if that’s what’s causing the issues You are having.
I hope you get the Fuel Pressure Tester soon to see if that could be the issue too.
Best of Luck.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Fuel pressure was 58 psi, almost dead center of the 55-62 psi range.
Swapping plugs front to rear didn't help either.

I'm taking it to the shop in the morning. I'll let them figure it out. I'll let everyone know what fixes it.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Fuel pressure was 58 psi, almost dead center of the 55-62 psi range.
Swapping plugs front to rear didn't help either.

I'm taking it to the shop in the morning. I'll let them figure it out. I'll let everyone know what fixes it.
Best of Luck Stick.
It’s possible that You may have a ECM problem.
I sure hope they can figure it out for You.
Mike U.

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
If you want I will send you the thundermax tuner I took out of my 09 to try before you send it to the shop.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Tuner is an SE Pro Super Tuner.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Stick does that tuner connect to the OEM ECM?
If so, is it removable so You can see if that is the problem?
Just a thought.
Mike U.
SEPST is a flash tuner, so it sits in a drawer most of the time unless you're updating the tune or making an autotune run. So no live diagnostic info is available from it.

I use one on my 10.

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I took the bike to the shop this morning. I don't expect to hear anything back for at least a few days.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I took the bike to the shop this morning. I don't expect to hear anything back for at least a few days.
Stick I sure hope that it is an easy fix.
Keep Us posted on “The Verdict “.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just read through this and not that it matters now that the bike is at the shop, but reading 110 so assuming it is a CVO bike. Any chance the ACR on that cylinder could have issues dropping compression from time to time leading to no fire?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Just read through this and not that it matters now that the bike is at the shop, but reading 110 so assuming it is a CVO bike. Any chance the ACR on that cylinder could have issues dropping compression from time to time leading to no fire?
I had not thought of the ACR, so I didn't check for that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Under normal conditions, CVO would be a good assumption for a 2012 w/110, however, not in this case. Bought the bike new with 22 miles on it, first thing I had them do was pull the engine and drop the 110 Big Bore kit in it. That was the only thing from the CVO that I wanted. Even after all of my upgrades, I came out money ahead of buying the CVO and then making the same changes.

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,388 Posts
ACRs are strictly for starting purposes. I have the drop-in 110" kit and when I installed S&S EZ start cams, I turned my ACRs off, as I no longer need them to start.

These 110" drop-in kits do not have the best reputation for longevity. Have you had the ECM checked?

·
Registered
239 Posts
ACRs are strictly for starting purposes. I have the drop-in 110" kit and when I installed S&S EZ start cams, I turned my ACRs off, as I no longer need them to start.

These 110" drop-in kits do not have the best reputation for longevity. Have you had the ECM checked?
True statement on all accounts as long as they are working correctly. When not working correctly they could drop the cylinder pressure to a low enough point to where fire may not occur and that could happen on only one cylinder depending on if the failure point is in the ACR itself or in the relay system.
The reputation for this system is no the best so that was why I made the suggestion. I will say with a little over 100,000 on mine I have not had an issue but have a spare ACR just incase.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had not thought of the ACR, so I didn't check for that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Under normal conditions, CVO would be a good assumption for a 2012 w/110, however, not in this case. Bought the bike new with 22 miles on it, first thing I had them do was pull the engine and drop the 110 Big Bore kit in it. That was the only thing from the CVO that I wanted. Even after all of my upgrades, I came out money ahead of buying the CVO and then making the same changes.
Stick, with it being a drop in kit did it use the ACR? Don't remember if the kit uswd your original heads or if they included the 110 heads

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Original engine had the early 110 kit added. That used the new 110" heads with ACR. That engine had a failure and was replaced under warranty with a production 110". Therefore, no kit to worry about.

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
im not too familiar with the ACRs but i had a manual release act up on me once and you could definitely tell by the pffft sound every time the compression stroke came round. lol

61 - 80 of 127 Posts