Road Glide banner

81 - 100 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
im not too familiar with the ACRs but i had a manual release act up on me once and you could definitely tell by the pffft sound every time the compression stroke came round. lol
Stock ACR'S unlike manuals are vented directly to the exhaust port so even on start up you typically don't hear the compression being dumped. It was just a guess to something that had remained consistent to the cylinder. May not be related at all.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Update on the Bike. Still not fixed, but more, new information.

Sac HD called. Stated bike was ready. They found a socket connector on the Main Wiring Harness (5 of 5) ECM [78b] that was loose (Pin 23). This goes to the Rear Injector. This didn't make sense to me since all the previous codes had pointed to the front cylinder. Tech (Justin) stated that he swapped the ECM for a Test one and the bike ran fine. Check the connector and found the loose connection, repaired it and swapped the original ECM back in and bike still ran good with no codes. Tech stated that codes were cleared before having the “lot” help wash the bike and bring it out front for delivery. Checked codes before firing up the bike. Found the following:

P0120 TPS1 Range Error
P0220 TPS2 Range Error
P0222 TPS2 Low
P1510 EFI Limited Performance Mode
P1511 EFI Power Management Mode
P1512 EFI Forced Idle Mode
P2105 EFI Forced engine shutdown
P2122 TGS1 Low/Open
P2127 TGS2 Low/Open
P2135 TPS Correlation Error
P2138 TGS Correlation Error (Twist grip sensor)
C1032 front speed control sensor open or shorted
All of these codes are new except for the known ABS code (C1032)

Turned bike back into the shop for follow up. Never even started the bike or left the parking lot.

Reactions: rlaf75

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
Holy crap! They actually made it worse. By the looks of that list of new codes, this is going to be an interesting one. Hopefully they can get it figured out soon

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Good lesson here. Glad you checked for codes before leaving.

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I'm gonna go with the porter more than likely pressure washed it?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Probably. I lost a set of speakers that way once. Hit them directly with the pressure washer.
Tech cleared the codes after we recorded them, fired up the bike and they did not return immediately, but I wanted them to keep searching. I don't want it to start up again 10 - 15 miles down the road.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I lost a set of speakers that way once. Hit them directly with the pressure washer.
Been there, done that - Ain't happening a third time that's for sure...

·
Registered
8,161 Posts
That's just another reason why I do all My Own Work and never washed My Glide with water.
Mike U.

·
Registered
8,161 Posts
Probably. I lost a set of speakers that way once. Hit them directly with the pressure washer.
Tech cleared the codes after we recorded them, fired up the bike and they did not return immediately, but I wanted them to keep searching. I don't want it to start up again 10 - 15 miles down the road.
Stick, keep Us posted on how it turns out Bro.
Hopefully You will be back "In The Wind" sooner than later.
Best of Luck!
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Hate to say, but the pins he found bad "could" of been hiding the reasons they found. Those codes are a direction to be checked and fixed, if not BS from the possible over watered.

Hey, its a direction and not say your screwed.... sucks but...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Been there, done that - Ain't happening a third time that's for sure...
I know better, I've never hit them directly, not even with a hose. It happened at a dealership. I never went back there again.

That's just another reason why I do all My Own Work and never washed My Glide with water.
Mike U.
I just don't wash it! :cool:

Hate to say, but the pins he found bad "could" of been hiding the reasons they found. Those codes are a direction to be checked and fixed, if not BS from the possible over watered.

Hey, its a direction and not say your screwed.... sucks but...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
That's why I left it. I wanted them to continue troubleshooting.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Here's the latest update in the never ending saga.

Jan 8, 2021:
Sac HD called. Bike is ready to pick up. The codes from Jan 6, 2021 were caused by water in a connector. Sac HD dried out the connector and applied dielectric grease. Those codes have been cleared and did not return.

Picked up bike, no codes, rode it home with only a couple of stumbles, no codes when checked after arriving at home. Even ABS light was off.

Jan 10, 2021:
Took bike out on a short ride. First 10 or so miles, it had a couple more stumbles, but not much else. Second 10 miles or so, it was acting up again, engine cutting out and right back to where we were. Check Engine light going on and off, stalling at lights. Made it home, checked codes.

P0107 Map Sensor Open/Low
P0131 Front Oxygen Sensor Low
C1032 front speed control sensor open or shorted (known)

Jan 11, 2021:
Taking bike back to Sac HD to let them look at it again.

·
Registered
8,161 Posts
Here's the latest update in the never ending saga.

Jan 8, 2021:
Sac HD called. Bike is ready to pick up. The codes from Jan 6, 2021 were caused by water in a connector. Sac HD dried out the connector and applied dielectric grease. Those codes have been cleared and did not return.

Picked up bike, no codes, rode it home with only a couple of stumbles, no codes when checked after arriving at home. Even ABS light was off.

Jan 10, 2021:
Took bike out on a short ride. First 10 or so miles, it had a couple more stumbles, but not much else. Second 10 miles or so, it was acting up again, engine cutting out and right back to where we were. Check Engine light going on and off, stalling at lights. Made it home, checked codes.

C1032 front speed control sensor open or shorted (known)

Jan 11, 2021:
Stick, did they check Your ECM to make sure it wasn't causing the faults that You are having?
If not, might be worth a mention.
Best of Luck.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Stick, did they check Your ECM to make sure it wasn't causing the faults that You are having?
If not, might be worth a mention.
Best of Luck.
Mike U.
They did swap in a Test ECM the last time it was in. They said the issues went away. Then they checked the connector and found the (unrelated?) loose socket for the Rear Injector. They put my ECM back in and it ran fine. I think it is the ECM, but I don't want to spend the cash for that until it is verified. When I take it in today, I am going to tell them to take it out for 15 - 20 miles on the test ride. Sometimes it shows up right away, sometimes you have to put a few miles on it.

·
Registered
8,161 Posts
They did swap in a Test ECM the last time it was in. They said the issues went away. Then they checked the connector and found the (unrelated?) loose socket for the Rear Injector. They put my ECM back in and it ran fine. I think it is the ECM, but I don't want to spend the cash for that until it is verified. When I take it in today, I am going to tell them to take it out for 15 - 20 miles on the test ride. Sometimes it shows up right away, sometimes you have to put a few miles on it.
It sure sounds like an ECM problem Stick.
I hope they finally figure it out for You.
Best of Luck Bro.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
It sure sounds like an ECM problem Stick.
I hope they finally figure it out for You.
Best of Luck Bro.
Mike U.
Me Too!

It's been around 2 months since this all started. I'm missing saddle time! Riding my daughter's Sporty IS NOT the same.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I'm wondering if you have a terminal tension issue on some of your connectors or even on the ECM connector. The terminals on each wire need to produce a certain amount of tension to the opposing terminal. If you have poor terminal tension, a wire carrying a load will heat up and expand which in turn can break the connection. Or a loose terminal can just keep loosing contact intermittently which can contribute to something like you are dealing with perhaps.

On a side note this is why pressure washing is actually a bad idea on a bike or a vehicles engine compartment. I have seen pressure washing mess up connections from the back side of a connector. The pressure gets in from the back side of the connector past the seal and the force will assist in spreading terminals. Dielectric grease is another issue sometimes, too much and it can hydraulically spread the terminals by trying to force too much in. Just some Monday thoughts.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Today's update.....

Jan 11, 2021:

During the ride to Sac HD, I had trouble all the way there. Engine would run, the shutdown and coast for a second or two, then come back on, repeatedly. It was a constant struggle to keep it running at the stop lights. Check Engine light was going on and off the whole time. Finally made it the 10 miles to the shop and found the following codes:

P0151 Rear Oxygen Sensor Low
P0152 Rear Oxygen Sensor High
C1032 Front speed control sensor open or shorted
C0562 Device Voltage Low (ABS)

Waiting to hear back from the shop now. Probably be a couple of days. They are never in a hurry.

81 - 100 of 143 Posts