Road Glide banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
They did swap in a Test ECM the last time it was in. They said the issues went away. Then they checked the connector and found the (unrelated?) loose socket for the Rear Injector. They put my ECM back in and it ran fine. I think it is the ECM, but I don't want to spend the cash for that until it is verified. When I take it in today, I am going to tell them to take it out for 15 - 20 miles on the test ride. Sometimes it shows up right away, sometimes you have to put a few miles on it.
It sure is sounding like the ecm. See if they'll let you take it for a day with their "tester" ecm on the bike to see if the problems continues. It seems like once the bike got heated up from your ride home that's when the problems started again. With their tester ecm you should know pretty quickly if it is better or not.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Yes, that is great advice. I stopped at the shop on the way back from the office. They said that it is the ECM. I told them to replace it. The will have to send out my SEPST to get it reset. I should have the bike back in about 1 1/2 weeks.

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Yes, that is great advice. I stopped at the shop on the way back from the office. They said that it is the ECM. I told them to replace it. The will have to send out my SEPST to get it reset. I should have the bike back in about 1 1/2 weeks.
How much are they charging you for a new ecm? Be advised, the thundermax tuner will run you a minimum of $800 and isn't as easy as they say it is to use.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
How much are they charging you for a new ecm? Be advised, the thundermax tuner will run you a minimum of $800 and isn't as easy as they say it is to use.
It will be about $800 out the door. That's $395 for the ECM, $300 to reset my SEPST for use with the new ECM, and 1/2 hour labor. That actually seems fair. I have been happy with the SEPST over the last 9 years.

Reactions: rlaf75

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
It will be about $800 out the door. That's $395 for the ECM, $300 to reset my SEPST for use with the new ECM, and 1/2 hour labor. That actually seems fair. I have been happy with the SEPST over the last 9 years.
Absolutely. Definitely stick with what works for you. Like I mentioned previously in this thread, I took the thundermax out of my bike when I did my 124. I'm going to build a project bike hopefully soon and I'll use it in that but I'm not too keen on the thundermax but that's for a different thread. Anyway, hopefully they can get you back on the road soon

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I know its early, but what is SEPST again?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
897 Posts
Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
239 Posts
Glad your making progress. Nice to know they can reconfigure the tuner for the new ECM. Is that the black or the orange tuner?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Glad your making progress. Nice to know they can reconfigure the tuner for the new ECM. Is that the black or the orange tuner?
SEPST is the orange one.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Only 1 choice these days. The race tuner is no more. The race tuner s what helped HD get into trouble with the EPA.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,266 Posts
Only 1 choice these days. The race tuner is no more. The race tuner s what helped HD get into trouble with the EPA.
That is what I thought. I have an orange one kicking around that came with my 2017. If they are going to charge $300 to reset then I might be able to sell it for $100.

·
Registered
897 Posts
SERT is Orange. Screaming Eagle Race Tuner
SEPST is Black. Screaming Eagle Pro Street Tuner
Damn strange then, unless they played with the names through the years. Mine is orange, and it don't say "street" on it - It says Super Tuner Pro. But it is a pre EPA unit I got back in 2013. The Street tuner was black and about $100 cheaper back then, but it didn't have the functionality I needed.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Damn strange then, unless they played with the names through the years. Mine is orange, and it don't say "street" on it - It says Super Tuner Pro. But it is a pre EPA unit I got back in 2013. The Street tuner was black and about $100 cheaper back then, but it didn't have the functionality I needed.
My terminology could be off. The Orange ones I thought were the ones that were banned and called Super Tuner Pro. I believe they were referred to as Race Tuners as well though.
Yours won't say Street on it if it's a Super Tuner Pro.
Now that I looked I believe they had an Orange one in the past named Street Performance Tuner.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That was why I was asking, I honestly couldn't remember whick was which. I think I have one of the black tuner that I thought was a Super Tuner left over from a 06 street glide that was totaled. I also think I have an orange one that I was also thinking was a Super Tuner that was used on my 09 roadie when it was 110. Went to TTS went I built the 117. Might have to go out to the toolbox and start digging to see how they were labeled.

Sorry Stick off topic

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Not off topic at all.

I have the Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner (SEPST) that I bought new with the bike in Feb 2012. It is Orange.

There was a Screaming Eagle Race Tuner (SERT) that had been discontinued prior to that, but I never saw one.

There is a new version that is EPA Compliant that came out a few years ago. I don't know what that one looks like.

Reactions: rlaf75
101 - 120 of 127 Posts