Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 RG ultra, does anyone else have a rattle in the front end, I do know if it's the forks rebounding/ dampeners shot out or what, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Could possibly be the brake pads you are hearing. When are you hearing it? When it starts doing it lightly pull in on front brake and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Pull the outer fairing and look inside the outer for rub marks, rub marks is common near the top center area of the outer fairing where the radio bracket is.
Also look for loose electrical plugs that may be hitting the inside of the fairing and secure them if needed.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Grab some wrenches and check all your fasteners. My 05 windshield used to rattle during deceleration.

I notified an administrator to have this moved to the correct forum for the subject.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Might sound ridiculous, but is there anything in you fairing compartments that might rattle??? I put padding in all my compartmentsand it went away.. mine sounded really bad and realized the problem after I took everything out one day..

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
I had a bad tittle in my fairing and noticed that my stereo didn't sound as loud as it used to. When I removed the fairing my right speaker magnet fell on the garage floor. I put it back in and went straight to the dealership. They replaced the speaker under my extended warranty plan. I'm just glad it didn't land on my fender. Lol

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Good information right there. Anybody else missing that little arrow pointing thing on their fork or just mine?:what:

Also try the little clip that holds the ABS line. It can look like it is in but not be. I was looking to tighten everything up and overlooked it.

If not or no ABS, it is definitely the arrow, you gotta keep looking. 👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts