Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new 2012, 650 miles, while ridding with cruise control on if i take hands of handle bars front end starts shaking. I have read this is called the death wobble? I called dealership they said well don't take your hands off handle bar (WTheck) I know that but sometimes it must be done. Any others having this issue? If so should the dealership fix this problem?

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Hell yes they should fix the problem. They have a bulletin on it, and should have just told ya to bring it in. Normally the wobble is on decel around 35-40ish, so you may have something else going on there. I would definitly get it checked out. Also, if the dealer that told you not to take your hands off the bars is not the only one around, ya might want to go somewhere else. Just sayin.

Rowdy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had the same thing plus a high speed wiggle. They need to tighten up the steering head bearing, that should take care of the 30 - 40 mph wobble. If you're getting a slight wiggle at highway speeds, 70 mph, have them check the wheel balance.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Gotta love dealers some says heh my bike wobbles.
Answer dont take hands of handle bar.
Correct answer is..
Sir please bring that bike in ASAP for us to look at it.;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed

Took bike to harley yesterday afternoon, service guy looked at me like I was crazy when i told him what it was doing. Tech took it back and hmmmmm neck bearing was loose they tourqued it back and all is good.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Don't let them kid you. That darned steering adjustment problem is way too common on our sharks. I had mine trying to go into the tank knocking mode at just 3500 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts