Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a new Mich Com II 21" on my RG. It's balance with Counteract beads. I had a metz on it that had dyna beads. It's not bad but enough to annoy me. Even with the slightest lean I can feel the vibration in my feet and bars. Anyone else experience this or should I be looking at something other than balancing?

·
Registered
498 Posts
It's probably just the new tread off the center line that's still nubby on the corners. I got the same feeling when my rear was cupped. If I rode on the transition from the flat center to the regular tread it felt and sounded weird. It should go away as long as you corner your bike often enough to wear it evenly

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yep, different tires sometimes give you that odd vibration/shimmy in corner or with hands off bars, that over time go way, or don't. I had a a few sets of the years, D204's, that didn't react well with my St's, they came off in the first 2k. Metzlers have always treated me well (not plugging here), just never had that issue with them.

Changes are you'll be good to go.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Since the front tire is not that old I would suggest looking into the wheel bearings. Noise when leaning the bike is a sign that the wheel bearings are going out and the problem may be in the back bearings as well as the front bearings so check both wheels. Also the rear drive pulley has a bearing in it and it can go bad too, I am on my 3rd rear pulley bearing.

Reactions: RGKen

·
Registered
500 Posts
I found this old thread. I have the exact same issue when I make the slightest lean left or right I get a vibration thru the handlebars. I have Mich Comm II's on my bike as well. I replaced the front bearing when I upgraded my shocks to progressive monotubes. My tires have about 5K miles on them but I've felt this since day one. I don't recall if I had this same issue on my OEM dunlops. Any idea what it could be?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sort of on the same topic...
Anyone know if wheel weights and balance would be covered under warr? Expecting not but I recently was cleaning my rims (Stock) I noticed a strip of two way tape where the weights used to be. Any idea on a typical cost of re-balance front and rear? No, I'm not taking the wheels off myself.. lol

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sort of on the same topic...
Anyone know if wheel weights and balance would be covered under warr? Expecting not but I recently was cleaning my rims (Stock) I noticed a strip of two way tape where the weights used to be. Any idea on a typical cost of re-balance front and rear? No, I'm not taking the wheels off myself.. lol
On my 13 Ultra Limited, I had a problem with wheel weights falling off. My dealer said they had gotten a bad batch of weights. As long as they could see the location that the old weights were mounted, they would just stick new weights on for me, no charge. They said because they went into the same location, balancing wasn't necessary. I'm guessing that if they had to balance the wheels, they would have charged me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts