Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoroughly frustrated!!! Had my 2011 in twice for front end issues... the first time the dealer said nothing was wrong....finally believed me when it was clunking and making noise over every bump. They tightened the neck bearings. However, I'm still getting some strange feedback from the front end. It feels like there is binding/friction somewhere. Had HD emulators installed about 2000 miles ago....Now thinking about taking the bike to an independent shop. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I had a clunking when going over bumps or coming to an abrupt stop. Mine started after the head bearing was serviced to correct the " fall away" to correct the wobble The cause of the thunk (according to the mechanic) was the steering head nut loose. He loosened all the fork fasteners and re torqued everything in sequence. Noise is gone and a noticeable improvement in steering. (2011 Fltrx)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thoroughly frustrated!!! Had my 2011 in twice for front end issues... the first time the dealer said nothing was wrong....finally believed me when it was clunking and making noise over every bump. They tightened the neck bearings. However, I'm still getting some strange feedback from the front end. It feels like there is binding/friction somewhere. Had HD emulators installed about 2000 miles ago....Now thinking about taking the bike to an independent shop. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Your bike is still under factory warranty take it to another dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts