Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you all seeing money wise or paying to have a raw steel aftermarket front fender painted? Just looking for an idea as to what a Silver Flux/Black Fuse might run me. Appreciate any input!

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Check with S.E. to see what Joe at Xtreme Dimensions charged him. Not cheap but damn good.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was figuring he would chime in on here when he sees it. I know there are plenty on here that had to have gotten a front fender painted so I'm surprised nobody has said anything yet.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let's try this question, is $850 a fair price?

·
Super Moderator
1,814 Posts
The HD wrapped front fender in your paint scheme is part number:

58900403ELH

MSRP is 749.00 US

Calgaryglide

Reactions: madmat and BH#103

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The HD wrapped front fender in your paint scheme is part number:

58900403ELH

MSRP is 749.00 US

Calgaryglide

Appreciate that and your bike looks absolutely killer with the wrapped fender and the different HD wheels! If my plan falls through I am going to take your lead and do the same exact on mine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Take a look at Factory Match. Just got my second Klockwerks wrapped slicer fender in Bonneville Salt Pearl painted with the blocks for $469 shipped. Typically they may have a black Friday special coming up also.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That included the fender.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Let's try this question, is $850 a fair price?
I'm gonna say that is WAY high. Just to give you an ideal, I had a king tour pak and a set of lowers repainted for right around $400, with me buying the paint and hardener from Harley.

·
Registered
7,544 Posts
What are you all seeing money wise or paying to have a raw steel aftermarket front fender painted? Just looking for an idea as to what a Silver Flux/Black Fuse might run me. Appreciate any input!

BH do you already have the fender?
If not, as mentioned before, check The Factory Match to see if they have the paint scheme you’re looking for in stock. You can reach them at (605)999-6402 or (605)498-0153 or email [email protected].
If purchasing a new fender, the Klock Werks wrapped fender is very nice
For paint You can check out Joe Z at Xtreme Dimensions in NJ at (856)740-5020 who was recommended before and did Steady Eddies CVO fender or our very own Road Hawg (Mike at Mikes Hawg Paint)in Cali at (530)651-3114 email at [email protected].
I’ve used both The Factory Match and Mike’s Hawg Paint with excellent results from both.
Best of Luck Bro!
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BH do you already have the fender?
I do not have one yet. I want to get some basic pricing for paint first just so I know where I stand on $$$$.

·
Registered
7,544 Posts
I do not have one yet. I want to get some basic pricing for paint first just so I know where I stand on $$$$.
BH when I did my first wrapped fender I purchased a Klock Werks Wrapped Fender from Horny Toad HD and they drop shipped it to Mike at Mikes Hawg Paint in Cali and he painted it for me. Mike sent me text messages and photos throughout the whole process. I don't remember the whole cost but I believe it was in the neighborhood of $750.
When I installed a 21" wheel I had to get a new fender and checked the Factory Match and they had the fender I wanted and painted it Vivid Black. I believe that one was around $450 or so.
All of those that I dealt with were very accommodating.
If You want the fender already painted and ready to install I would check with The Factory Match.
Best of Luck Bro.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
BH when I did my first wrapped fender I purchased a Klock Werks Wrapped Fender from Horny Toad HD and they drop shipped it to Mike at Mikes Hawg Paint in Cali and he painted it for me. Mike sent me text messages and photos throughout the whole process. I don't remember the whole cost but I believe it was in the neighborhood of $750.
When I installed a 21" wheel I had to get a new fender and checked the Factory Match and they had the fender I wanted and painted it Vivid Black. I believe that one was around $450 or so.
All of those that I dealt with were very accommodating.
If You want the fender already painted and ready to install I would check with The Factory Match.
Best of Luck Bro.
Mike U.
I went with Factory Match too Mike. Very happy with product and got the Slicer! Great match with paint and quality of fender is awesome. Fender is nice and thick and also acts as a fork brace. Can’t go wrong!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, it seems my quote of $850 is not too far out of whack. Was on the phone with 4 places today getting some quotes and 3 of them wanted me to buy the paint from Harley and quoted between $450 and $550 labor. Joe from Xtreme Dimensions was the last one I talked to and was by far the best and easiest conversation. I can't say he is much cheaper, but he talked with me like I would talk with someone and he even offered to acquire what I was looking for so it would just get sent straight to him. Gonna wait till Black Friday and see if anything I need goes cheaper before I jump on getting the paint done, but I am glad I called Joe!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is that just for the paint?
The first quote I got for $850 was paint and labor. The first 3 from today was just the labor to paint and they wanted me to buy and supply the paint.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The first quote I got for $850 was paint and labor. The first 3 from today was just the labor to paint and they wanted me to buy and supply the paint.
Damn!!!!! That would make me thing real hard about the painted one from Harley.....LOL

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is for a fat front end so if the pricing is gonna get out of control then that HD fender is the set up I will go with as a backup plan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts