Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,107 Posts
Agree, sounds like some heat is the next step(aluminum expands greater than steel). If that's a no go, then you'll have to drill the bolt out. A bit just under the thread size to a depth just short of the fender, then snap it loose with punch. Remove the remainder in the slider(ream) with a bit the size of the other holes. Then carefully remove the thread end out of the fender. Hopefully Mike U is close enough to get you out of this jam.
@18 Wicked Special I’ve been in contact with @Rachi79 and I will be helping him out soon.
I’ll be bringing the necessary tools with me just in case.
Hopefully we will get this all squared away.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,697 Posts
@Mike U that's awesome 👍 That's what this site is all about!

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Break it loose or drill it out?

·
Super Moderator
12,107 Posts
Break it loose or drill it out?
We drilled the head off of the Hex Head Bolt.
Whoever installed it at the factory definitely did something wrong, either Red Loctite, Cross Threaded, or Over Torqued.
We had to leave the stud in and maneuver the fender to get it out.
@Rachi79 is doing a Native Custom Baggers Fat Front Tire with Chrome Lower Legs.
His Glide should look Badass once He's done.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
That sucks, but it's done. That's what I call teamwork 🍻 looking forward to seeing the fat front progress.

Reactions: Mike U and NCPiper

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
@Rachi79 Let Me know that he was finally able to remove the broken bolt’s stud from the fender nut.
Mike U.
So was the stud frozen in the slider bore to( ie loctite, corrosion) also?

·
Super Moderator
12,107 Posts
So was the stud frozen in the slider bore to( ie loctite, corrosion) also?
Not sure Bro.
He had to get a good grip with his Vise Grips and muscle it out.
Next time we meet up I’ll check with him.
He’s a busy Dad with a 3 month old at home so he has limited time here. LOL!!!
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Not sure Bro.
He had to get a good grip with his Vise Grips and muscle it out.
Next time we meet up I’ll check with him.
He’s a busy Dad with a 3 month old at home so he has limited time here. LOL!!!
Mike U.
That'll keep ya stepping.

I was referring to getting fender the fender off. Stud hung up in the slider.

·
Super Moderator
12,107 Posts
That'll keep ya stepping.

I was referring to getting fender the fender off. Stud hung up in the slider.
Yes the stud was hung up in the slider so We took Our time and slowly moved the fender and legs until we were able to remove the fender from between the forks.
He’s all ready to start taking apart His front end to start the install of The Native Kit and Legends Front Suspension.
Mike U.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey fellas ..Let me start off by giving a huge shout out to Mike U for helping me out! Not only is he a man of his word but he is a truly genuine and kind-hearted guy. He came out to my bike on a Sunday in the blistering cold and the 2 of us worked on this damn fender in my cold ass garage for about an hour! Not to mention I had to take breaks and leave him in there alone while I attended to a crying 3 month old haha.

As Mike said, we eventually had no choice to but to drill the head clean off the bolt and squeeze the fender in so that we could clear the forks to get the fender out without damaging the fender or fork sliders. Success!!! Even Mike agreed something was up with this bolt. While Mike was there, we couldn't even remove the bolt from the fender after we successfully got the fender off smh. I gave it a other shit later that night with the vise grips and was able to finally get it out. Couldn't have done any of this with Mike and the support you all have given me. Thank you again!

So I'm happy to report I have successfully installed the legend Axeos along with the chrome fork lowers on my '21 RGS as of last night. Once I get the new fender for the fat tire back from paint, I will install that and share pics of everything. After that, I'm going to attempt the d and d custom cycles 2 inch fairing drop kit. I've included pictures of my bike buddy to give you guys an idea of what it looks like.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Motorcycle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
12,107 Posts
@Rachi79 Patrick thanks for the kind words My Brother. I am glad You were able to get the Axeos and Lowers done.
Your Glide sure is looking Sweet Bro.
Looking forward to the Native Kit being done.
Best of Luck with the rest of Your upgrades and if You need any further assistance You know how to reach me.
Mike U.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Hey fellas ..Let me start off by giving a huge shout out to Mike U for helping me out! Not only is he a man of his word but he is a truly genuine and kind-hearted guy. He came out to my bike on a Sunday in the blistering cold and the 2 of us worked on this damn fender in my cold ass garage for about an hour! Not to mention I had to take breaks and leave him in there alone while I attended to a crying 3 month old haha.

As Mike said, we eventually had no choice to but to drill the head clean off the bolt and squeeze the fender in so that we could clear the forks to get the fender out without damaging the fender or fork sliders. Success!!! Even Mike agreed something was up with this bolt. While Mike was there, we couldn't even remove the bolt from the fender after we successfully got the fender off smh. I gave it a other shit later that night with the vise grips and was able to finally get it out. Couldn't have done any of this with Mike and the support you all have given me. Thank you again!

So I'm happy to report I have successfully installed the legend Axeos along with the chrome fork lowers on my '21 RGS as of last night. Once I get the new fender for the fat tire back from paint, I will install that and share pics of everything. After that, I'm going to attempt the d and d custom cycles 2 inch fairing drop kit. I've included pictures of my bike buddy to give you guys an idea of what it looks like. View attachment 435557
View attachment 435555
View attachment 435556
View attachment 435554
After what you went through getting that bolt out, the DD fairing drop will be a piece of cake! You will love the look with that native fat tire kit! My personal favorite, had it for 2 years and would be my first mod on a new bike! Not to throw a wrench in, but did you go with the flush axle? Its a must have for that big, sexy front end!

61 - 80 of 84 Posts