Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bike coming up on 50,000 manual says change fork oil what do most put back in and how hard is the job to drain and get the oil back in. Thanks

·
Registered
809 Posts
bike coming up on 50,000 manual says change fork oil what do most put back in and how hard is the job to drain and get the oil back in. Thanks
If the ride is good for you just put the stock weight back in it. Personally i would pull the forks off and check the wear items while you are at it. Plus you can turn them upside down in a drain pan over night to get all the old oil out.

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
If the ride is good for you just put the stock weight back in it. Personally i would pull the forks off and check the wear items while you are at it. Plus you can turn them upside down in a drain pan over night to get all the old oil out.
What Frankie said but if you just want to drain and fill , use a cup to measure what you take out. You may need heat to remove the drain screws. A lot of guy use the HD SE fork oil to reduce the bounce of the stock front end.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I changed mine out after I bought it for 30wt fork oil it will stiffen them right up
isn't 30 wt fork oil about the same as concrete? i believe that that is even heavier than the se race (which is not recommended for the street)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Its a big improvement over the 10wt I don't know about not using it in street bikes I didn't see anything on the label I'll have check it out I'm planning on installing mono tubes this winter anyway

1 - 10 of 10 Posts