Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just look for some feed back about changing the springs to stop the noise diving under hard breaking. I have looked at progressive,but there is not too many to pick from. Any information would be a great help! Thanks Freddy Rode

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
have you tried just changing the fork oil out? i switched from the stock oil to the se heavy and it improved the ride dramatically. is it as good as monotubes or some other upgrade? no? but it only cost $20 and it was good enough (for now :D)

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I changed out my stock springs for Profile-Low HD springs and it did away with the front end dive. I have since changed out for Monotubes and a great difference in ride. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm using Progressive Monotubes. It's a stiffer ride, eliminates brake dive and better handling in the corners...

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
If your going to change springs just go with the Monotubes. This way , no more worry about fork oil maintenence. Try the SE oil first and if still not happy buy the Monotubes. You should be able to get a set around $250.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I installed the mono tubes when I changed out my lowers and I'm very happy with them. It was the best $250 I spent on the bike.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Mono tubes on my bike and I love them. You will have nose dive when braking with the mono tubes too but it is only about 25% of what you get with fork springs.
Besides the great ride and handling characteristics of the mono tube I like the fact that there is no more need to do front fork maintenance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
brake dive

Progressive monotubes fixed mine. A friend in the HOG club had a pair of 444s from his old bike that he installed for $100. Rear now noticeably better than stock. Wish I had done it earlier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts