Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took off the forks for a much needed rebuild.
The left one was almost empty and worn on the sliders. Replaced all parts and put back together considerably heavier then when removed.
The right one was full of bad fluid. Black water with oil. All cleaned and back together. Fun messy job.
Lots of cleaning as I went.

04 Road Glide
Ontario Canada

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have another month before I get out in the road so I figured it was due lol. Hoping it feels better then the last ride last fall.

04 Road Glide
Ontario Canada

·
Registered
12 Posts
I took mine apart and replaced them with Progressive. Well worth the $320 bucks, it rides like a different bike. Really thought I wanted the Legends but at $800 couldn't pull the trigger. Make the change you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve had it out a few times now. Like a totally new bike. Rides like a dream. And I have the supershox on the back. It’s going to be a great season even if I can’t leave the country lol.

04 Road Glide
Ontario Canada

·
Registered
80 Posts
I took mine apart and replaced them with Progressive. Well worth the $320 bucks, it rides like a different bike. Really thought I wanted the Legends but at $800 couldn't pull the trigger. Make the change you won't be sorry.
Just did mine with Progressives too. Same reasoning, couldn’t do $800 -1200 on just the front.
610350A2-C4FD-4783-B92B-EDB1E73D1D71.jpeg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is that a submerged/flush table lift I see there? Nice. (y)
Yes sir it is. You can check out how I built it in Tools and Garages section under Bike Lift / Elevator.
It gets used regularly especially this time of the year getting all the stored bikes down from second floor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts